Connect with forex.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connect with forex.com

I am trying to connect to forex.com. I am using NT8.1, I have enabled multi provider mode, and I have connected to the forex.com data feed. I have also opened an account with forex.com that has ninja trader enabled. However when I go to create an order ticket, there is no option for my forex.com account, only a sim101 account.

Do I need the paid version of NT to do this or will the free version work? If free works, how can I connect to forex.com?

Hello Jeffsg605,

You will need to purchase the Multi-Broker addon for your account.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay, just did that. Now I receive an error message that says: "An account assigned to this login is not a ninjatrader account. please contact forex.com..."
      I have two accounts at forex.com and one of them definitely is a NT account. However there is not an option to select an account in the connection configuration tab. How can I make sure it connects to the correct account?

Comment

Hello Jeffsg605,

After enabling the Multi-Broker addon, have you restarted NinjaTrader?

Is this error appearing when starting NT?

Are you able to connect to the connection in the Connections menu from the Control Center?

Comment

Yes, I have restarted ninja trader. It appears when I first start NT, I think because I have "Connect on startup" enabled. I am not able to connect via Connections menu. I get that error and there are no further options.

Comment

Hello Jeffsg605,

May I confirm first, that you are updated to 8.1.1.7? (Help -> About)

Then may I have you remove the connection and recreate it?

Below is a link to the connection guide.

Ensure you are able to login to forex.com on the website before re-entering the username and password.

If you are still unable to connect, please send an email to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com so I may request your log to look for clues.

Comment

Hello, yes, I am on 8.1.1.7
              I removed the connection, verified the credentials on forex.com, and reconnected and still got the same result. I will send an email to support shortly. Thank you for your help so far.

Comment

Jeffsg605 was there any resolution to this? I'm having the same problem

Comment

Hi Skifree, yes I eventually got it figured out although it was a very obscure process. I worked with forex.com chat support (don't use email support, they take forever to get back with you, IF they get back with you). Basically even though I was told my account was setup as a ninja trader account, it was not. I worked with chat support and they set it up as a ninja trader account. Then there is a specific login/password you need to log in with. I don't remember exactly how I did it but stay in contact with chat support while you login and you should be able to get it going. Otherwise follow the steps recommended by Chelsea in this thread and you should be good to go.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by reynoldsn, Today, 04:40 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post reynoldsn  
                  Started by Philippe56140, 04-27-2024, 02:35 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post bltdavid