Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Cannot trade at Interactive Brokers without paying Ninja Trader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot trade at Interactive Brokers without paying Ninja Trader?

I have a Lifetime License for over 5 years and was told it was grandfathered in for multi broker license. But I need to pay $99 to Ninja Trader to trade an IB account through NT8 platform? Makes no sense.

Hello Trader17

Thank you for reaching out.

I am assuming you have updated to the latest version of NT8 (8.1.1.7)

If you have a LifeTime Multi-Broker License, you would not need to pay for the Multi-Broker add-on.

However, in order for the Multi -Broker functionality to be applied to the latest version of NinjaTrader, you would need to import your License to your platform user.

Compared to previous versions of NinjaTrader 8, in the latest versions, license keys will now be imported into the web first instead of the platform itself.

For the steps on how to do this, please follow this link:

How to migrate your license key

Once imported, re-launch the NinjaTrader application.​

Then login and once the platform is open, go to Help -> About to further confirm the entitlement was added.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.​
    Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks NinjaTrader_Erick I have 8.1 installed and do see option to check multi broker. So I can use IB for data and trading?
      How does data work in 8.1 if you have NT brokerage account and feed and external data feed and account? How do you pick and choose one or the other?

Comment

It's on the account portal page account.ninjatrader.com under your profile -> settings -> plan. If you had multibroker before on 8.0 and it isn't showing up on 8.1 email support and they can fix your user entitlements to take into account what was on your license before. If you haven't already imported your license, you need to import it there on that screen and that may take care of it..
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello,
          one additional question for this scenario pls.: If I have imported my legacy IB license into my NT account and afterwards import a second license (e.g. from a funding company) into that account, what happens? Is the first license then "overwritten" or are both licenses combined and can be used in one NT instance in parallel?
          And in case the first license gets overwritten, how can I use it again?
          Many thanks

Comment

Hello Joerg ​,

Thank you for reaching out.

Once you import any LifeTime License into your account, the option to import other licenses should no longer be available on the client dashboard.

But no, your License key and entitilements would not be overwritten, the entitlements they provide would just be added up.

Basically, the proper order to import multiple keys, would be to first import any funding company licenses first, and then import your LifeTime key last (since importing Lifetime no longer lets you import any more keys)

For your reference, if you have already imported 1 evaluation key from a service, and then get another key from another service, you do not need to keep importing, as they all do the same thing on the back end.

If you have imported your LifeTime Key, and now need to import an evaluation service license, you can email us at

[email protected]

and provide us your account user so we can manually add it for you.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
            4 responses