Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is order handling different between 8.0 and 8.1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is order handling different between 8.0 and 8.1?

I understand with 8.1, NT introduced server-side ATM handling. But from what I gather, this is only opt-in and only for NT Brokerage clients.

My question is:
    If I am using a Tradovate account from Apex Trader Funding, is there any difference in how the orders are handled if I am using 8.0 or 8.1?

For example, if I use 8.0, it is my understanding that a working order is resting only on my local machine. When the price is hit, the desktop platform sends out the order.
    Is this correct?
    Does it work any differently on 8.1?

Hello tradgrad,

Thank you very much for your post.

If you use a "Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage" connection in NinjaTrader 8.0 or 8.1, server-side ATM strategies are not supported. Furthermore, this connection does not support server-side OCO orders. This means if you submit an ATM strategy and disconnect, it is possible that both exit orders execute.

However, orders that were submitted will execute. This means the Stop Loss or(/and) Profit Target order would execute even if you are no longer connected.

With NinjaTrader 8.1 and the Tradovate/NinjaTrader connection, server-side ATM strategies would be supported, furthermore, this connection natively supports the OCO tag. This means once enabled, you could safely disconnect and e.g. manage your running ATM strategy from a mobile phone or our website. This is not possible with "Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage" accounts.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions in this regard!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Manfred thank you.

Where are the NT geographically located?

Is it possible that if I use a VPS with a 1ms ping, could I be getting better fills than with the server-side NT 8.1 orders?

Comment

Hello tradgrad,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Unless you are trading from overseas, the servers are located in Chicago.

With regard to your second question, it would certainly be possible to use a VPS with lower latency, but you need to contact a VPS provider directly for more information about doing so and their specific specs.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Manfred thank you, but I don't think that answers my question.

I'm saying:

If I use 8.0 and a VPS, it is my understanding that a working order will be sitting on that VPS. So with a working order waiting, there is a benefit to the lower latency provided by a VPS.

If I use 8.1, you're saying it will be sitting at NT servers.
          So if I'm using 8.1 and working orders sit at NT servers, how would the VPS make a difference in that scenario?

Comment

Hello tradgrad,

Thank you for your inquiry.

In either case, lower latency between you and the servers would potentially result in faster delivery of your order.

The server-side functions introduced to ATM Strategies in 8.1 don't really have to do with latency. Essentially, in 8.0, when you submitted an ATM Strategy entry order, you would need to remain connected and have the platform running while the ATM Strategy is working for it run correctly. The new functions we've introduced mean that users of the new API on 8.1 can submit an entry order, and the order submission for their profit targets and stop loss and OCO functionality will work even if their platform is disconnected.
            Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by tkaboris, Today, 08:32 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post tkaboris  
            Started by RaddiFX, Yesterday, 09:55 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes