Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Run Strategy Analyzer on a free download of NT8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run Strategy Analyzer on a free download of NT8?

Is it possible to run Strategy Analyzer on a free download of NT8 (8.0.27.1) with free Kinetic data (End-of-day) on a separate non-trading computer? Any tricks? I am only trying to test one week of data for MES to start. I got it to work once this morning and nothing since. My 16gb RAM maxed out with the Default Optimizer so I have ordered more RAM for next time. Genetic Optimizer doesn't work. A simple Backtest doesn't work. I have manually downloaded the Market Replay and Historical data both - no luck.

I do have a Lifetime License. Do I need to upgrade to a multi-computer license?

Hello JohnS52,

Thanks for your notes.

Yes, in NinjaTrader 8.0.27.1 you could use the Strategy Analyzer with your Lifetime License. The Kinetick(End-of-day) connection will only provide historical daily data for you to download. No Historical Minute or Tick data would be available.

It's important to understand the Kinetick (End-of-day) connection only provides daily data. This means if you e.g. chart the MES 06-22, Facebook stock, or the EURUSD Forex instrument on a daily chart, you would receive data. However, any smaller granularity, e.g. 60-minutes or 500-ticks would not receive data as this is not provided through this connection.

To receive real-time data or historical data of smaller granularity you would have to connect the platform to a supported provider.

For a full list of supported providers and their Connection Guides, please see the links below:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm

https://ninjatrader.com/Help-Connection-Guides
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by businessman1929, 04-29-2024, 01:28 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post businessman1929  
    Started by bltdavid, 03-27-2023, 05:32 AM