I am receiving the worst techincal support ever for this problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am receiving the worst techincal support ever for this problem

i have been run around by customer support for a week now, charged extra fees for not trading, and cant even get the platform to preform on a repeatable strategy.. isn't this why we paid money for the program.. the strategy to work.... okay enough complaining here is the issue.

freshly re installed would not backup my scripts.. don't even care at this point.
    Default work space, no connection.

1st picture...strategy builder errors on opening ----> on right.

open strategy editor.. any strategy or even a new strategy,

gives error line 29 blah blah bah.. its calling a strategy that's not even loaded or referenced.
    Like i have said i can delete, or remark this column and its still gives error to the unlisted script

picture 2 shown new strategy wont compile,, same error,, even commented the error lines... same problem exist,
    please explain why customer support doesn't use team viewer to aid it customers in troubleshooting problems with the platform after a week of emails that just recycle the same general troubleshooting guidelines i have already read and preformed.

like i said i want a new ACCOUNT and start with a fresh build this is ridiculous. Seriously.
    Last edited by Dudley; 06-07-2023, 04:48 PM.

Did you try deleting the copy of the two files?

Lime70Cr - Copy and Cyan 70cr - copy

Comment

Lime70Cr.cs and Cyan70cr.cs are causing the error the sample script is fine, go to your Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Strategies and remove those files. If you install a fresh Ninjatrader it does not matter because it will always look in this folder for custom strategies. It has nothing to do with your Account. The errors in your screenshot are orange, that means it is in other scripts not the one currently open, if the sample script would contain an error the color would be brown not orange.

Comment

Hello Dudley,

As Felix mentioned you would need to remove the two files listed in the error. Based on the error it looks like those contain some code that is duplicated in other files. Removing them and re compiling would be the solution. This has nothing to do with your account, your NinjaScript files are held locally on your PC only. If there are errors when compiling that would be due to the files on your PC and would not have any association with your account.

For scripting concerns we are unable to provide remote assistance but you can post questions about coding in the NinjaScript sub forum or also email scriptingsupport[at]ninjatrader.com.

Programming is a process where you will frequently run into compile errors which you may need to resolve on your own. NinjaScript is C# language so it would be suggested to learn C# from external learning resources if you plan to manually code files in NinjaTrader. You can also reach out to third party developers if you don't want to manually program items yourself.

Testing strategies is an important part of the process, for a strategy to work right you would need to ensure that you are testing what you program in the use cases where you would be using it. Based on your observations from testing you can make any adjustments needed and decide when you want to use it on a live account. The platform is only going to execute what you make so if there are problems with something you made you would need to debug that and fix it before allowing it to trade live.

Regarding fees you can contact the brokerage if you are not clear on any of the fees or costs associated with your account or trading. you can reach them at brokeragesupport[at]ninjatrader.com

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Craig from NT was quickly able to do the above process the members suggested and resolve the problem immediately.

I only wish this would have been suggested a week ago in the emails but the problem is resolved and my struggles will continue elsewhere with auto trail lol.

Thank you for your Quick responses in the forum and excellent advice gentlemen.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
          6 responses
          1 like
          Last Post jgualdronc  
          Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Touch-Ups