Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Applying chart template for each data series.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applying chart template for each data series.

Hello.

Using NT8.

I've applied two data series (ie NQ and ES) to one chart so data series (NQ) is in upper half of chart window and data series two (ES) in lower half.

If I first load a chart template to data series one and then add data series two the chart template only applies to data series one.

Is it possible to apply a chart template (also) to data series two ? (whether the same or different template as applied to data series one)

Many thanks

Hello dj22522,

Did you save the template after applying both series to the chart? The chart only has 1 option for applying templates which applies the template to the whole chart. If you are using multiple series you can save templates that would use multiple series as well.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello dj22522,

Did you save the template after applying both series to the chart? The chart only has 1 option for applying templates which applies the template to the whole chart. If you are using multiple series you can save templates that would use multiple series as well.
      NinjaTrader_Jesse

Thank you for your reply/help.

To be clear what I've done:

1. I opened a chart (one data series ES)
      2. I then applied a preconfigured chart template to the chart.
      3. Via right click > Data series I added a 2nd data series (NQ)
      4. I now have one chart window split in half with 2 data series ES in upper half with a chart template, NQ in lower half with no chart template.
      5. So when I added data series two (NQ) it didn't open in the lower half of the chart window with the chart template I applied to data series two at point 2.

What I've I tried that doesn't work:
      A. If I save this two halved chart window as a chart template and then try to apply it to a new chart as a chart template I get a warning saying I have two data series and can only have one when loading a chart template.

B. I can only go through steps 1 - 5 above if I want a similar chart window set up with two data series in an upper/lower split chart window.

C. Having created a split window with two data series, I can't then change the chart template on data series one (upper chart) that first applied before adding data series two. I get the you have two data series warning.

What I know I can do:
      a. I can first apply a chart template to data series one before adding data series two.
      b. I can then add indicators to data series two in lower half of chart window. But as per point A above, I can't save this whole chart window as a template.

Questions:
      A. Am I correct that it's not possible to apply a chart template to the lower half of the chart to data series two ?

B. Am I correct that I cannot save this two halved window as one chart template in of itself such that I could then open a new chart window, right click > Templates and apply the two halved saved template and it will display with a split window with two data series and with the chart template on data series upper chart and with whatever indicators I had applied to data series lower chart ?

Many thanks
      Last edited by dj22522; 06-07-2023, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Hello dj22522,

When you make a template for two series you need to save it after adding the series. If you wanted to reload that template when making a new chart you need to add both series at the same time and also select that template in the data series menu. The error you got was because you tried start the chart with 1 series instead of what was saved in the template.

The template system is for the entire chart, you can't apply a template to a single series in a multi series chart. When you Right click -> Templates that is for the whole chart not the individual panel. If you have a multi series template and use right-click -> Templates on a chart with the same number of series it would apply the settings to both series.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok got it thank you.

My error was I didn't see the Template drop down at the top of Data Series window.
          So the error kept coming up when trying to load "Default" template which was made with only one series.

When adding two series to Data Series and then selected the correct Template from the drop down (the one I made with two series) the chart then loaded.

Many thanks for your help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by usglucofreeze, Today, 01:19 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post usglucofreeze  
          Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:12 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes