text box disappears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

text box disappears

After inserting a text box, the text box disappears. i need to go and look in the drawing object menu, find it and change it. I tried creating a default template that includes text so i dont have to find it, and also includes background color, again to find and double click, but these dont work.
    The only way to make if work is when inserting the box holding the mouse down and start typing, then you can see the box, and text and dont "lose" it.
    This is s brand new install of ninja and not sure why it happens - it did happen before i did the re-install.
    Help appreciated

Hello axjurado,

Thanks for your post.

To draw text on a chart, you would click the 'Drawing Tools' button in the Chart Toolbar and select the 'Text' option. Then, you would click the left mouse button on the location you want to draw the text, type the text you want to be drawn, and click the Enter/Return key on the keyboard.

To edit the text drawn on a chart, you could double-click on the drawn text and change the 'Text' property of the drawing object in the Drawing Objects window. Or, you could right-click on the chart, select Drawing Tools > Drawing Objects, select the drawing object you want to change, and modify the 'Text' property.

See this demonstration video: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...M18yMTU0Njk0Ng

Note that if you click enter or click elsewhere on the chart before typing the text you want drawn, the 'Text' property field will be blank and no template will be applied. You will have to right-click on the chart, select Drawing Tools > Drawing Objects, select the drawing object on the chart, and modify the text you want to draw.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Brandon, thanks for the reply, but of course i know how to put a box on the screen. Of course it is a basic function, but what i am telling you is that i left click and there is no box, and it disappears. I tried creating a default box with color and text, to see it, but it is not there. I thought the problem was with my previous install but this issue is happening since the last ninja update. take a look at the video and you will see what i mean.
      Here are a couple of videos

Comment

Hello axjurado,

Thanks for your note.

I am still not able to reproduce the behavior on my end when testing this and a colleague of mine was also not able to reproduce the behavior.

If you are using a mouse then multiple clicks might be detected by the mouse when you click on the chart. If you have another mouse available, you could test using that other mouse to see if the behavior persists and report your findings.

That said, what version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)

If you select the Text drawing tool from the Drawing Tools button on the chart toolbar instead of from the Drawing Tool Tile indicator, does the behavior persist?​

Please start NinjaTrader Desktop in Safe Mode by following the directions below and test to see if the behavior persists.
        • Close NinjaTrader 8.
        • Click the Windows Start button.
        • Search 'NinjaTrader (Safe Mode)' and select the application called NinjaTrader (Safe Mode).
        • Test to see if the behavior persists.
        I look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Thanks Brandon. I am using 8.1.1.5 64-bit. tried different mouse, same result. Started the text box form the menu and the same result. Tried safe mode same issue.

All i can tell, is that since the 8.1 was installed in my computer i have this issue. 8.0XXX was fine. As i said if i hold the left mouse button and start type it is active long enough that i can make it work, but doing that is annoying.

Hope you can point me in the right direction. Thanks

Comment

Hello axjurado,

Thanks for your notes.

I see you are using an old version of NinjaTrader 8. Please update to the latest version (8.1.1.6) using the download link on the NinjaTrader article below.

After updating the platform, test to see if the behavior persists on the latest version and report back your findings.

I look forward to assisting further.

Comment

just installed, no change, still disappears.

Comment

Hello axjurado,

Thanks for your notes.

Please write in to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and send me your log and trace files by following the steps below to attach them to your email so I may investigate further.

In the subject of your email include "ATTN: BrandonH" and in the body of your email include a link to this forum thread.

Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email.
                • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
                • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
                I look forward to assisting further.​

Comment

just sent, thanks

Comment

Hello axjurado,

I had issue with 'disappearing text box' and noticed that after clicking on mouse button (with text drawing selected) on chart to add text, all I had to do was move the cursor inside the text box that appeared, before releasing the mouse button and that solved the problem. Hope helps if this is still an issue for you.

Cheers

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post burtoninlondon  
                    Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes