NtDirect.DLL does not work with update 8.0.28.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NtDirect.DLL does not work with update 8.0.28.0

I did the update per your instructions, and now NtDirect.dll does not work. I get a message box saying "Failed to initialize NinjaTrader DLL NtDirect.dll.
    The platform help still refers to the DLL, so I assume it should work.
    Please advise.

In the meantime, I have gone back to release 26.
    Last edited by Atomic; 06-03-2023, 07:14 AM.

Hello Atomic,

Thanks for your post.

Support for the NTDirect.dll has been discontinued. You would need to use NinjaTrader.Client.dll in your script instead of NTDirect.dll.

Changes have been submitted to have this noted on the NinjaTrader help guide documentation.

Please review this forum thread for more information: https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...art#post793626
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
      Hello Atomic,

Thanks for your post.

Support for the NTDirect.dll has been discontinued. You would need to use NinjaTrader.Client.dll in your script instead of NTDirect.dll.

Changes have been submitted to have this noted on the NinjaTrader help guide documentation.

Please review this forum thread for more information: https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...art#post793626
      Thanks. Will the Ninjatrader.Client.dll work with Ninjatrader versions before 8.0.28.0?

Comment

Hello Atomic,

Thanks for your note.

Yes, the NinjaTrader.Client.dll is supported to work on both 8.0.28.0 and 8.1.1.6.

Comment

Hello Atomic,

Thanks for your note.

Yes, the NinjaTrader.Client.dll is supported to work on both 8.0.28.0 and 8.1.1.6.
          And as far as you know, the Ninjatrader.Client.dll functions work the same as for the NtDirect.dll?

Comment

Hello Atomic,

Thanks for your note.

That is correct. The NinjaTrader.Client.dll functions work the same as when used in NTDirect.dll.

Comment

Hello Atomic,

Thanks for your note.

That is correct. The NinjaTrader.Client.dll functions work the same as when used in NTDirect.dll.
              Unfortunately, the NinjaTrader.Client.dll does not work with Easylanguage as the NtDirect.dll does, and which I have used for broker managed trading for over ten years. Easylanguage can only use a dll that exports its functions using the __stdcall calling convention. I only have two weeks to get this sorted out or our broker managed trading will come to a halt. I've looked through the forum and all the references that purport to show how to use the managed .net dll either do not work or cannot be opened. Can you provide any insight as to how I might access the NinjaTrader.Client.dll from Easylanguage?

Comment

Hello Atomic,

Thanks for your notes.

Using external programming languages would go beyond the support we are able to provide you with in the Support department. Support for the API is very limited.

We are not able to assist with any code in an application external to NinjaTrader or the use of other programming languages. We are able to detail the usage of the methods available from the API help guide documentation below.

Help Guide NT8 API functions - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._interface.htm

This forum thread will be open for other community members to share their insights on using EasyLanguage with NinjaTrader.Client.dll.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Taddypole, 04-26-2024, 02:47 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post eDanny
                by eDanny

Started by kujista, 04-23-2024, 06:23 AM
                6 responses