nq screen freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nq screen freezing

Hello, I am using NT8, with a topstep connection. Trading this morning using YM and NQ, same template on each, suddenly the NQ chart froze, YM chart working fine. Have closed and restarted NT and restarted computer, still the same. When I open an NQ chart is says loading and stays in that state. Other instruments work fine. Thanks, mw355

Hello mw355,

Thank you for your post.

Let's try testing your platform in Safe Mode to verify if this behavior is being caused by a 3rd-party add-on using the steps below.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
    • Loading workspaces and connecting on start-up.
    • Loading custom assemblies (i.e. 3rd-party add-ons and NinjaScripts)
    • Getting instrument updates from the server
    To enable Safe Mode, please use the following steps:
    • Shut down NinjaTrader.
    • Go to the Windows Start Button
    • Search for NinjaTrader (Safe Mode)
    • Launch NinjaTrader (Safe Mode)
    Once you have opened the platform in Safe Mode:
    • Reconnect to your Data Provider
    • Please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
    Does the behavior persist on this blank Workspace in Safe Mode?
    • If not, please try opening your previous workspace by going to the Control Center > Workspaces drop-down. It may already show as being open. Hit 'close' and do not save and then re-open it again for your windows to re-appear. You will notice that no 3rd-party add-ons are running in Safe Mode.
    Does the behavior return on your regular Workspace in Safe Mode?
    • If not, restart NinjaTrader, and test for the behavior on your Workspace normally once more with your 3rd-party add-ons available. If this reintroduces issues, I suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 add-on at a time.
    • Please keep track of what add-ons you add back in to identify the cause of the behavior if it returns.

If it does not return, it indicates the error was isolated only to your other Workspace. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a working version of it if the issue returns. You will want to keep this backup file on an external hard drive or uploaded to a cloud drive such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive.

To create a backup, go to the Control Center > Tools > Export > Backup File. Additional information about backups may be read in our Help Guide linked here: NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide — Backup and Restore

Please let me know the results of this test. I look forward to your response.
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, thank you for your response. I started in safe mode and the issue was not present. But safe mode also deleted the unirenko bars download I had, and need, and would not allow me to import any new indicators. So I closed out of NT safe mode and reopened the normal way and the problem was gone. So all seems fine. But if it happens again and I need to open in safe mode is there a way to get unirenko bars into safe mode?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This would indicate that the behavior may have occurred due to your custom add-ons.

Safe Mode is a troubleshooting tool used to disable add-ons such as your custom bar type and it not meant for daily use.

please note that our troubleshooting with 3rd party add-ons is limited and we advise reaching out to the Developer as they will be expert on their piece of software.

You may test by reinstalling the custom bar type.

Custom NinjaScripts/Add-ons can be removed in one of two ways from within NinjaTrader 8:
        • Add-ons can come as packages called 'assemblies'. An assembly can be removed by going to Tools > Remove NinjaScript Assembly > Select the assembly you wish to remove > Remove.
        • To remove NinjaScript individually you can go to New > NinjaScript Editor > Double click on the 'Indicators' (or the relevant) folder > Right click on the add-on you wish to remove and select 'Remove'. Repeat these steps for all add-ons you wish to remove.
        Then to reimport:
        1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
        2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
        3. Select the downloaded .zip file
        4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
        Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

If the same is still occurring after reinstalling I would recommend reaching out to the Developer to assist further.
        Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Spencer, I'll do that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post JoMoon2024  
          Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM