SendMail error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SendMail error

I recently upgraded to version 8.0.28.0 and now SendMail is no longer working. Every time my strategy tries to send an email I get the following error message:

"There was an error while sharing from the share service {gmail}: "the calling thread must be STA, because many UI components require this"

I do have additional data series in my strategy; I gather that triggers multi threading with NT but at the start of the OnBarUpdate() method I have the following code:

Code:
    if (BarsInProgress != 0)
    return;

I note the help page on multi threading makes mention of Dispatcher but after playing around with it a bit I still couldn't get it to work - no emails and the same error message. Help would be much appreciated as it's very disappointing to have an upgrade break something that was working just the day before.

Hello newuser,

Thank you for your post.

Are you able to send a test message to your email from the Control Center > Tools > Options > General > Share services page? If so, I do suspect you may need to call SendMail() from within a dispatcher. What information are you trying to send with SendMail()?

As you mentioned, the multi-threading page gives some information about using a dispatcher:There is also a snippet that uses a dispatcher on the UserControlColleciton page:Do you recall what version you were using prior to the 8.0.28.0 update? I can't think of any changes that would have had an effect on SendMail() between a previous version and the CQG serrver certificate update for 8.0.28.0.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post maybeimnotrader  
    Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes