Different Prop Firms, same Nija Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Prop Firms, same Nija Installation

Hello, it seems that different prop firms require different Ninja Installations, e.g. Leeloo requires configuration of connection fpr Rithmic whereas tradeday trial installation has no option to configure any other connections. Is there a way to have one Ninja installation and use it for different prop firms or to have different Ninja installations (on the same machine) each for a separate prop firm ?

Hello TraderChris123,

Thank you for your post.

You may not connect to more than one Rithmic-based connection at a time or change to a new Rithmic connection in the same session on NinjaTrader desktop. That said, you should be able to configure multiple connections for separate prop firms, and then when you want to change to a different account you could close NinjaTrader then re-open and connect to the new account.

I am not sure that I'm familiar with the tradeday trial installation; you mentioned there is no option to configure any other connections. Where is that information provided to you? If you enable multi-provider mode you should be able to configure multiple connections (even though, as I already mentioned, you may only have one connection to Rithmic at a time). We have connection guides listed on our help site, including basic guides for connecting to evaluation service accounts:Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post
      Hello TraderChris123,

Thank you for your post.

You may not connect to more than one Rithmic-based connection at a time or change to a new Rithmic connection in the same session on NinjaTrader desktop. That said, you should be able to configure multiple connections for separate prop firms, and then when you want to change to a different account you could close NinjaTrader then re-open and connect to the new account.

I am not sure that I'm familiar with the tradeday trial installation; you mentioned there is no option to configure any other connections. Where is that information provided to you? If you enable multi-provider mode you should be able to configure multiple connections (even though, as I already mentioned, you may only have one connection to Rithmic at a time). We have connection guides listed on our help site, including basic guides for connecting to evaluation service accounts:Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      I thought the NT product allowed the user to configure multiple Rithmic connections,
      say to TopStep, Leeloo, and Apex -- have all the Rithmic connections ready to go -
      but the user can only connect to the one of them at a time.

If that's the case, having 3 different Rithmic connections configured for the 3
      different prop firms, why can't the OP just disconnect form one prop firm and
      then simply connect to a different one? Why do they have to close NT first?

Am I missing something?

Comment

Hello, the question is not to have multible connections to Rhitmic running at the same time, this is of course imposiible and makes absolutely no sende. The question is, why obviously every porp firm requires different ninja installations whereas while every new installation the old one (from another prop firm) will be overwritten.

The question therefore is, how to have different Ninja installations for different propfirms parallel on the same machine or if there is a way to use one single installation for different prop accounts, e.g. leeloo, Apex, etc..

Comment

Hello TraderChris123,

Thank you for your reply.

You may configure multiple Rithmic connections in the same installation of NinjaTrader. You do not need to reinstall it for every separate connection. All you would need to do is go to Control Center > Connections and disconnect from one Rithmic connection before connecting to another. That said, in some cases (like if you are switching from a connection that uses plug-in mode for market data and then switching to a connection that does not use plug-in mode with R|Trader Pro) you will actually need to shut down NinjaTrader and re-open the platform for the connection to be successful. That is what I was trying to explain in my previous post; I apologize if that was confusing or misleading to you or to David.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
          Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes