Trading on 2 different machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading on 2 different machines

Im using a VPS to run NT desktop doing automated trading. If i log into NT using my mobile device using mobile NT platform I can not cancel or edit any trades. Is that normal? Only the computer that made the trade can edit or cancel the trade thats active? Also when i log into the other platform it almost looses the trade on the VPS I no longer see it when i get into that desktop.

I'm using a vps to run automated strategies on NT desktop as well, but on mobile I just log into the VPS too. You probably don't want to cancel or edit trades on a different platform if the automated strategy is running anyway because I've seen some vendor strategies mess up that way.

Comment

Hello Chryslertech,

It may be that the automated trading you are doing is resubmitting the orders. In general manually editing orders that a strategy is using wouldn't work, the orders will be changed back to their original value if the strategy is keeping the orders alive until filled. It would not be advised to manage your trades manually from a different tool if you have something automated running in NinjaTrader desktop. You should instead log into that PC and manage the strategy or whatever automated tool you are using so it does not continue to trade.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yeah just ask your VPS provider how to log into the VPS from mobile and you can manage the trades that way instead. I know with ninjamobiletrader vps I've got it on my phone and tablet to easily enable and disable the strategies based on if a news event is coming up because the strategy isn't supposed to be on during big news events.

Comment

I can easily get in from phone or tablet no issue. I just wonder if by using the nt app it triggered something like now all actions or trades are dome from that login

Comment

I doubt it because NT desktop and NT seem to be able to use interchangeably. Like using the web will not disable your desktop access

Comment

Hello Chryslertech,

You can trade from any of the applications, desktop mobile or web. When you run scripts on the desktop version that adds another layer of complexity. Depending on what that item is doing it may affect trading on the other platforms. In general its not expected for you to manually trade or manage open orders/positions while a strategy is running in the desktop version. That is trading in your place and expects you to leave it alone. If you want to manually trade or manage orders/positions you should always disable anything that is automatically trading for you before doing those actions because the automated trading may conflict or do actions you did not want after you manually make changes.
              JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok so yes if I'm running scripts and I log in trying to manually do something then it will mess up the scripts ability to perform what I'm asking the. To do. Ty I just wanted to make sure it was a me error.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post FrancisMorro  
                Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                10 responses
                0 likes