Might be a bug after all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be a bug after all

Running latest NT 8.1.1.6 with TWS 10.19.1i. Seems to be some conflict if NT is running before TWS is launched. To demonstrate, launch NT, then after it is up launch TWS. Now click on TWS: "Help"/"About Trader Workstation". What I am seeing is the dialog flashes on the screen momentarily and is then immediately cleared. Now close NT and click on the "About TWS" again. The dialog will display and remain up until acknowledged. Now launch NT, wait for it to come up and then go back to TWS and click on "About TWS" again. The dialog will display and again remain up until acknowledged. The problem manifests itself only when NT is up and running before TWS is launched. I've given the simplest example here using the "About TWS" dialog but the problem also manifests in a number of other TWS dialogs. I've tested this with NT running an empty workspace so I don't believe it is associated with any of my indicators. I'm not particularly bothered by it, but it may be something worth fixing. Note that even if we launch TWS prior to NT the problem will re-appear once TWS does a restart (for whatever reason) unles we subsequently restart NT.

Hello jvanelli,

Thank you for your post.

The currently supported version of TWS is 10.19.1k per the connection guide here:

If you are still able to reproduce this behavior using that version, I suggest reaching out to Interactive Brokers regarding this behavior as it has to do with the pop-up dialogs in TWS specifically and not with any pop-ups that are coming from NinjaTrader.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Might have been something to do with recent software installs on this PC. Uninstalled all versions of TWS. Re-installed TWS latest and also TWS 10.19-1k. For the moment at least I am not seeing this strange behavior with either TWS version.

Comment

This is not a TWS issue. Here's what seems to be working for me: NT Control Center / Connections / Configure / select the IB TWS account and uncheck the box "Run time popup handling". Disconnect and reconnect for the change to take effect.

Comment

Originally posted by jvanelli View Post
          This is not a TWS issue. Here's what seems to be working for me: NT Control Center / Connections / Configure / select the IB TWS account and uncheck the box "Run time popup handling". Disconnect and reconnect for the change to take effect.
          Hello jvanelli,

Thank you for your note.

I appreciate that you mentioned "Run-time pop up handling" as this is likely the cause of the behavior you were reporting. The default is for this to be disabled, though when it is enabled this will allow NinjaTrader to suppress TWS pop up windows. You are correct that this was the cause of the behavior. There is a description of this setting in the connection guide here:

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
          Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Right. Somehow that box must've gotten checked when I upgraded to NT latest. For whatever reason (pilot error perhaps) I ended up re-configuring the TWS connection. Don't recall checking that box, but whatever. It's all good now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
            9 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton