Rectangles drawing around charts candles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rectangles drawing around charts candles

What indicator plots rectangles around candles (see image below) shown in video link below? Is it possible to have the rectangles in a one minute chart show a 5 min interval rectangle from open to close rather than low to high as shown in the screenshot?

Learn the final steps when creating your complete and customized workspace. Then save your workspace, share it with fellow traders and create more!3:29 Basic...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rectangles.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1252343

Hello,

This is done by adding a second data series with a chart style of 'box'. To do this, right click your chart and select 'data series'. Click 'add' in the bottom left of the window and add another data series of the instrument you have loaded. Then, set this instrument's interval to 5 minutes and the 'chart style' option to 'box'.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Is it possible to have the box plot from open to close rather than low to high? I've tried super imposing a 5 min candlestick chart style over a one minute candlestick but they are shifted. See image below. Is there a way to make them align? Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5minCnds.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	279.8 KB
ID:	1252641

Comment

Unfortunately the box chart styles are hard coded to plot low/high range.

The reason the candles and boxes do not line up is because the minute bars are anchored to the midpoint, while the box style spans the range of time encompassing the bars, so it would not be possible to get them to line up automatically.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by designer01 View Post
          I've tried super imposing a 5 min candlestick chart style over a one minute candlestick but they are shifted.
          Although I do not currently have this tool listed in the Ecosystem..
          You might consider watching this .. it's more a product demonstration..
          But in beginning, I try to explain some of the nuance's w/Overlaid bars..

Dynamically Track, Overlay, Display Multiple Dataseries on a Single ChartAlways Displaying in a Logical, Accurate, and Aesthetically Pleasing Way!Full Descri...

Please Be Safe in this Crazy World!
          -=Edge=-
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Hi =Edge=,
            Your video presentation shows what I was looking for. Does your indicator support seconds bars? Say I want 5 second bars over one minute bars?

Comment

Hi =Edge=,
              Your video presentation shows what I was looking for. Does your indicator support seconds bars? Say I want 5 second bars over one minute bars?
              No Sorry, Minutes or Bars are the only choices for the Overlaid Candles at the moment..

You could display 1min candle on 5sec chart.. although small caveat with that scenario..
              With either choice above, I'm using a bar on close calculation per say for efficiency..
              So for the first min or bar of the overlaid candle period there is no overlay displayed..

Original intent was to overlay larger time-based charts w/as little resources possible..
              Not seeing 1st min in real time of 30min candle being overlaid was not a real big deal..
              And well worth the tradeoff found from resource usage and overall real time efficiency..

But when set specifically to 1min Overlay.. That data isn't even gathered until close..
              So in this case, you'd actually never see the current real time 1min bar being overlaid..
              And scrolling historically wouldn't be as dynamic as you'd always see the 1min overlays..

Couple screen shots of what I mean.. only applicable when specifically using 1min MBs..

Not ideal for all scenarios, but always a give and take when it comes to performance..
              Added Days Back so you could load 100+ days but yet only calculate a couple on startup..
              Was hard for me to believe, but this alone increased load time efficiency exponentially..

Please be safe in this crazy world!​
              -=Edge=-

Comment

Thank you. I saw your website, looks interesting. Is there a week free trial so I can test this indicator to see if it will work for me? Thanks again.

Comment

Thank you. I saw your website, looks interesting. Is there a week free trial so I can test this indicator to see if it will work for me? Thanks again.
                  Do to the overwhelming support time required..
                  Regretfully I am unable to offer free trials..
                  Although I do offer this as an alternative..

MultiBars Plus | Add, Overlay, and Display any Minute Based Bars onto a Non Time Based Chart! Displays Overlayed Bars in both a Logical and pleasing way!

Please be safe in this crazy world!​
                  -=Edge=-

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Bidder
                  by Bidder