how do I add lots small charts on a 43 inch 4k tv monitor and proportionate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do I add lots small charts on a 43 inch 4k tv monitor and proportionate

hello -how do I add lots small charts on a 43 inch 4k tv monitor without having price =vertical side chart and time =horizontal bottom of chart -taking up too much chart space-- using ninja trader platform
    ie on a small chart the price margin at side and time margin on bottom of chart take up about a third of the total chart space

I did this a couple of years ago and everything in the charts was proportinate but forgot the procedure. I have an old screen shot of how I want it to look so I know its possible
    Last edited by joe case; 05-19-2023, 05:31 PM.

Do you mean snap layouts?

See how to arrange all your open windows using the mouse, keyboard, or the Snap Assist feature in Windows.
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

15 min charts with candles like ES or NQ
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	988.8 KB ID:	1252151​this is what I am trying do as mentioned knew how to do it then but have forgotten - is it in chart properties?
      Last edited by joe case; 05-19-2023, 06:38 PM.

Comment

I can trade well just old school when it comes to tech

Comment

I am new on this site can I please leave my email address?

Comment

am willing to pay $ if someone can resolve this issue thanks, I have team viewer

Comment

Were you using an aftermarket / third-party window manager software before that made all the windows the same size and in a grid orientation? There are numerous window manager programs for Windows 10 and Windows 11 that can do this so I'm wondering if that's what you did before?
              Bruce DeVault

Comment

It seems to me you are not asking for someone to connect up and just manually create all fthese windows with a template or duplicate window and drag them around, but you are looking for a systematic solution that puts the windows in the grid?

In your screenshot, they do look imperfect, like some are slightly larger or slightly shifted, though they might have started out in a grid put there by a window manager application.
                Bruce DeVault

Comment

when you reduce the size of a chart by dragging the price ie candles get smaller but the margin on the right side for price and the bottom margin for time do not get smaller so they end up taking more space on the chart, but in my screen shot you can see that it doesn t however I cannot remember how I did that

Comment

my goal is to have price and time taking up less space on the chart

Comment

RIght click on right side margin select font size as low as possible. NT8 doesn't allow you select less than 8 or something. So select 8. Ideally you can make an indicator and set it to 1 using chartControl.Properties.LabelFont.Size property.

Comment

that just fixes the right margin not bottom or top margin thanks

Comment

In your screenshot above the axis areas look pretty normal - what did you change on them? I'm not sure yet how they're different than a stock chart that's just resized manually to that size.
                          Bruce DeVault

Comment

Hello joe case,

Thanks for your post.

I understand that you are wanting to place charts on a 4k display monitor.

Note that we do not officially support 4K (or higher) resolutions at this time. We have plans for full 4K resolution support in the future, but I do not have any estimate on when that may be. Interest is being tracked for optimization and support for 4k monitors in an internal feature request ticket and I have added your vote. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-2307.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

That said, please see this forum thread which you might find helpful: https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...1092526​
                            Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm actually interested in what is wrong with the 4K monitor support. I use 4K monitors all the time (four of them at once) and they work fine, so far as I can tell. All I've heard anyone say officially is they don't always work right, which is sort of vague...

In what way would NinjaTrader have to be "optimized" for 4K monitors? It's just wider and taller in pixels... 1 4K is a lot like having four HD monitors and 4 4K monitors is like having sixteen HD monitors...

All of the programming should be completely agnostic of this...
                              Last edited by QuantKey_Bruce; 05-21-2023, 03:42 PM.
                              Bruce DeVault

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder
                              by Bidder