Log Alert Messages other than to Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log Alert Messages other than to Email

Right now the only way to get log alerts to via email. Is there a way I can catch these log messages alerts so i can program them to be sent via another share service that I created.

Hello cutzpr,

Thank you for your post.

Are you referring to the alerts function that is native to the platform or custom scripting? Either way, you should be able to set up the alert to be sent to a share service. For the alerts function in the platform, there is an option in the alert actions to 'Share a message' and then select a share service:If you are referring to custom scripting, you may use the Share() method to send a message via a share service:Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am referring to the built in alert function in Ninjatrader. It only allows you to select an email address for those alerts. I would like to use another method for those alerts. I am not talking about indicator or strategy alerts. I want to know if there is a way I access these alerts in Ninjascript so I can program another way to receive these alerts.

Comment

No, unfortunately, these are not accessible from NinjaScript.

See also: https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...in-ninjascript
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

I would like to add two feature request.
          -For allowing NinjaTrader Alerts (I am not talking about Indicator or Strategy Alerts), the ones that currently are only available to be emailed

- 1 , to be able to be accessed in Ninjascript so we can script our own alerts
          - 2 , allow users to select which type of share service we would like the alert to be forwarded to. That way we can create our own share service for these types of alerts.

Comment

Hello cutzpr,

Thank you for your patience.

With the built-in alerts in the platform, as long as you have share services configured you may certainly select the "Share a message" action and have it shared via a service other than email. The options for setting up a share message are email, text message via email, and Twitter. If you do not already have a share service configured at Control Center > Tools > Options > General > Share Services then it will not come up as an option in the alert actions. I have made a video demonstrating how the configured share services are available on the list of actions:

NinjaScript objects have access to methods such as Alert(), RearmAlert(), SendMail(), and Share(). If you are developing a script other than an Indicator or Strategy, you may need to use an Add-On script. With an Add-On you could use AlertCallback() and RearmAlert() as described here:

You may create custom Share Services as desired. For an overview, please see the following help guide section:

Even custom share services must be configured via the Share Services window in Tools > Options prior to being available in the built-in Alerts window. If these options do not address the 2 features you are requesting, please clarify and/or provide more concrete examples of what you are looking to achieve so I may better understand and assist you.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Emily,
              I am familiar with those alerts you just described. I am not talking about those alert messages. I am talking about the log alerts. Please see my screen shot.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello ctzpr,

Thank you for the clarification. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

I have submitted your feedback as feature requests to the Development Team. I will follow up with internal tracking numbers for your reference as soon as the requests are created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Originally posted by cutzpr View Post
                  I would like to add two feature request.
                  -For allowing NinjaTrader Alerts (I am not talking about Indicator or Strategy Alerts), the ones that currently are only available to be emailed

- 1 , to be able to be accessed in Ninjascript so we can script our own alerts
                  - 2 , allow users to select which type of share service we would like the alert to be forwarded to. That way we can create our own share service for these types of alerts.

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking numbers for your feature requests are SFT-5946 for your first request and SFT-5947 for your second request. Please reference these internal tracking numbers when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding these feature requests.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:​Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Bidder
                  by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                  4 responses