Collapse

Error - Unhandled exception - Write Lock / Read Lock Deadlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't expect NT users to be software engineers and able to sort out NT issues without tools. Obviously NT log and trace tools are inadequate.

I sure hope NT development has been informed of this freezing issue, whether you can reproduce or not. There are a lot of discussion threads on this topic, not just mine. Some users with good software development experience seem to think it is an NT 8.1 threading issue. How are typical users supposed to debug NT threading conflicts and other complex issues, and give you reproducible steps to qualify for a bug report. That's NT development staff territory, and they should be aware of these types of issues being experienced by many users whether or not there are clear steps to reproduce.

Comment

Hello Lancer,

We are aware that you can hit this type of error but it can be caused for many different reasons so there is not a specific solution unless we know what was being done at the time of the error.

This would generally be presented when a script that uses custom rendering has a problem in its logic or also for items that add or use UI items in their code. Because this relates to custom items we would need to get specific information if you hit this type of error so we know how to approach resolving it. You don't have to be a developer to troubleshoot your workspace, there are steps you can use to further isolate the problem by reducing the items in your workspace to find a set of steps or items that relate to the problem. Once that is known it would be more apparent on wha the fix may be. Without knowing what relates to the problem we have to start at step 1 which is troubleshooting what is running in your platform when you see this happen.

The only reason you would need to debug something would be if you are writing your own code and then seeing this type of error, in that case you would have to isolate the code being used. If you otherwise see this when doing some action or steps or using a third party item you would need to provide the steps or report this problem to the author of the script in question.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm getting this now for the first time today. No idea why, but the entire product feels unstable and crashing all day

Comment

Up until two weeks ago, I have been using version 8.0.26 on minute and tic charts without running into this issue. I took one of my NT7 bar types which is a version of renko showing wicks and tails and had a 3rd party coder update it to NT8. After reading this thread, I find it curious that this might be a further clue into the freezing issue. After market closed today, I updated to 8.1.21 so we will see where that goes on Monday.

Comment

zoom, in my case, I am using a standard candle bar type provided in the NT 8.1 download; nothing Renko or custom. So no "custom item" for NT forum help staff to blame it on. Today, NT froze after-hours while the computer was unattended, so there was no user input at the time of the freeze. Unattended freezes happen about as often as when I am at the desk moving the mouse over a chart. There is no "set of steps" that relate to the problem that I can see. What is running on NT when it freezes is the same as what is running on NT when it does not freeze. Log and trace file event logging is completely inadequate and useless for logging these freeze events; nothing related to these freeze events is ever written to log and trace files. Good luck.

Comment

Two NT workspace freezes again today, totally killing productivity. I can't tell you how pissed off I am about this continuing freezing problem and it not being fixed for, what, almost a year now? NT development staff, what could you possibly be working on that is more important than fixing this. WTF!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Bidder
              by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes