Just bought a new laptop and can't install nt8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a new laptop and can't install nt8

Hi, Just bought a new laptop with windows home 11. I wanted to install a copy of NT8 (I use the sim version) on the new laptop so i could be more mobile when I need to move away from home and my desktop. So in order to download the program it said I need to create an account on the Ninjatrader website which I did. Then I'm supposed to login and THEN download NT8. Problem is the laptop won't open the ninjatrader program when I click on it. What do I do. I have a valid user ID but it's of no use if I can't even install NT8 on the new laptop. Thanks if anyone can help me.

I tried to open the account on my desktop and it works. So, I assume there is something in the windows 11 that is blocking me from opening the ninjatrader website so I can access the download?
    Last edited by diver; 05-09-2023, 04:28 PM.

Hello,

If you right click the NT icon and select open, does the platform fail to launch or provide the splash screen still? If so, a basic uninstall/reinstall may resolve a bad install file. If this does not resolve the issue, are there any error present?

If the platform still fails to launch with no errors present, I would ensure you do not have any AV/Firewall programs blocking NinjaTrader and have the correct and recent version of .NET installed as well. You can also try opening in safe mode by holding the CTRL key and double clicking the icon, keeping CTRL held down until the platform launches.

I look forward to your reply.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Try to uninstall the version of NinjaTrader you downloaded, and go back to the NinjaTrader website and download version 8.0.28 instead

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
        Hello,

If you right click the NT icon and select open, does the platform fail to launch or provide the splash screen still? If so, a basic uninstall/reinstall may resolve a bad install file. If this does not resolve the issue, are there any error present?

If the platform still fails to launch with no errors present, I would ensure you do not have any AV/Firewall programs blocking NinjaTrader and have the correct and recent version of .NET installed as well. You can also try opening in safe mode by holding the CTRL key and double clicking the icon, keeping CTRL held down until the platform launches.

I look forward to your reply.
        I fixed it all. I have it working on the new laptop. Haven't tested it yet for complete accuracy but it seems fine so far. Thank you all.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Massinisa  
        Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Creamers