Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer Indicators Crash

Hi all,

I have Windows 11 (Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1635) and I am using the Strategy Analyzer.

Everything looks ok till I try to open the indicators window inside the Strategy Analyzer. At this point NT becomes completely frozen.

The only solution I have is to kill NT and restart. The error is systematic.

What can I do?

Thanks&Regards.​​

Hello, thanks for writing in. If you have a very large number of custom/addon indicators, then it may just take a while to load this list. If you have given the window at least 10 minutes to load and it still does not show up, then there is likely a third-party addon in your system that is causing this issue. You can check the latest trace and log files under Documents\NinjaTrader 8\log and Documents\NinjaTrader 8\trace to see if there is a message that is showing up about this error. If there is no message or any clue to what addon is causing this, you will need to either remove your addons one at a time, and test the strategy analyzer each time you remove one, or create a clean environment in which to run your backtests, directions on how to do this are pasted below:

Close all running applications.

1. Navigate to your Documents folder > Right-click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.

2. Download and install the latest NinjaTrader installer from your NinjaTrader.com account:

This will generate a brand new "NinjaTrader 8" folder in the Documents and NinjaTrader will be set back to "Factory Settings". This is where all your user data is stored, just uninstalling from the Control Panel will not modify this folder. To revert back to your old installation, rename "NinjaTrader 8" to "NinjaTrader 8PREV" and rename "NinjaTrader 8OLD" back to "NinjaTrader 8" NinjaTrader looks for a folder called "NinjaTrader 8" in the documents to operate.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cre8able, Today, 06:18 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post cre8able  
    Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 06:05 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes