Database not loaded (Strategy Analyzer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database not loaded (Strategy Analyzer)

Hello, I'm testing a strategy through (Strategy Analyzer) using micro Nasdaq (MNQ 06-23) with date setting (January - April) but the test is getting data only from (January). How to load the other months? It's possible?

Hello WenisCR,

Thank you for your post.

So I may assist you more accurately, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.?.?.?)
    • Do you see similar results when running the same test on the SampleMaCrossOver strategy in NinjaTrader with the same settings as your strategy?
    • Is this a strategy you developed or was it imported from a third party?
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green in the lower-left corner of the Control Center window.
    • Are you connected to your data feed provider when running this test?
    • What Data Series Type have you selected? Example: Tick, Minute, Day
    • What From and To date is selected?
    • Is your strategy a multi-instrument or multi-time frame strategy?
    • Do you receive an error on the screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to further investigating this item.​
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Emily,
      • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.?.?.?)
      • 8.0.27.1 64-bit
      • Do you see similar results when running the same test on the SampleMaCrossOver strategy in NinjaTrader with the same settings as your strategy?
      • Yes.
      • Is this a strategy you developed or was it imported from a third party?
      • I developed
      • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green in the lower-left corner of the Control Center window.
      • Yes, connected in APEX.
      • Are you connected to your data feed provider when running this test?
      • Yes.
      • What Data Series Type have you selected? Example: Tick, Minute, Day
      • Yes, Minute. In test NQ 26-03 is normal and okay, but MNQ 26-03 only (01/01/2023 - 31-01-2023)
      • What From and To date is selected?
      • 01/01/2023 - 03/05/2023
      • Is your strategy a multi-instrument or multi-time frame strategy?
      • NA
      • Do you receive an error on the screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
      • No, TraceOrders = true;

Comment

Hello WenisCR,

Thank you for your reply.

I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader Desktop. To update NinjaTrader, please visit the link below for steps on how to update to the latest version of NinjaTrader Desktop.
        Note: Updating NinjaTrader Desktop will not affect any custom configurations, workspaces, or add-ons.
        https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...language=en_US

As for the results only showing trades from January 1st to January 31st when running the backtest on MMNQ 06-23, I am curious about your Strategy Analyzer settings. Please right-click the Strategy Analyzer and select Properties. Do you have the option "Use local data only" selected? If so, please uncheck this box then click OK and run the test again. When this option is checked, NinjaTrader does not make a request for historical data to your provider and will only use data stored locally. To view what historical data you have stored, you may go to Control Center > Tools > Historical Data.

Otherwise, you could try downloading historical data at Control Center > Tools > Historical Data > Download and select the instrument and date range for your backtest:

Then, you could run a backtest with the Strategy Analyzer property "Use local data only" selected if you wish and it should include the downloaded data for the test.

I look forward to hearing the results of this test.​
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Emly, thank you for the help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post cre8able