Multi Provider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi Provider

First, I am sorry to say this new NT is the most confusing version ever. Between the live and simulation accounts. I can't be the only person to feel this way. This is maddening.

Ok, now that I have vented (sorry) when using the Tools - Options - multi provider option. When adding my live data feed to connections WHICH username and password do I use: My new web based login or my old continuum data login?

Now that I have asked that I want to add that I have tried both logins and neither is working when using multi provider mode and trying to connect to my live account and data feed.

Thanks, Mark

If you are using the NinjaTrader connection (with Multi-Provider checked) you use your same username and password as for the website / account portal. If you are using the Continuum or NinjaTrader Continuum connections, you use your old continuum data login.

It should be possible to do it either way (if you have a Continuum account from before 8.1 and if multi provider is checked).

If multiprovider is unchecked, you only use your credentials that you use on the website.
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your post.

I hope to clear up some of your confusion. We have a connection guide for connecting to your NinjaTrader account when multi-provider mode is enabled here:
      • https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...language=en_US
        • Note: the support site includes a chat bot in the bottom-right corner that you may interact with for additional questions. It will guide you to additional help articles or it can assist you with submitting an email request to the support team.
      When adding your live connection, you can either optionally enter your web-based username and password or you may sign in with Google/Apple. If you are still unable to connect, I suggest writing to us via email with your diagnostic files so we may assist you further. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default. Be sure to include a brief description of your inquiry in the body of the email.

Thank you for your patience and please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.​
      Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Emily that's what I needed. I kept using the Ninjatrader Continuum out of old habit. So I deleted that and setup a connection with just Ninjatrader and that worked. I would imagine other people are doing that also.

Thank you!!

Comment

Marklhc1988 Another nice thing about switching to using the NinjaTrader connection type instead of the old continuum connection is that you can connect from two devices at the same time. With Continuum/CQG you could not. Additionally, now you can see your orders on web and mobile.
          Bruce DeVault
          QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Thanks Bruce!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
            6 responses
            1 like