The IB you are trying to connect to is not authorized to use NinjaTrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The IB you are trying to connect to is not authorized to use NinjaTrader

I have been getting this error and I am not sure how to resolve it. I looked at some of the other threads and tried the following but nothing seems to work =

1. Restart NT8
    2. Uninstall and reinstall NT8 latest version
    3. Restore a backup file

I logged in to RTrader Pro and that works fine.

As suggested in the other thread I contacted support from the NT8 menu which included the log and trace files. I know it is a weekend but was hoping I could get this resolved quickly.

I would so much appreciate any help. Thanks!!

I know there are some instructions available at https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...language=en_US (for direct brokerage customers) and https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...language=en_US (for evaluators) but I'm assuming you're already past that point. Just to clarify, when you say latest version do you mean 8.0.28.0 or 8.1.1.4? At the above links you might also check the articles over to the right in related articles and see if any of these provide the help you need. NinjaTrader support might not be available until after the market opens tonight.
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post
      I know there are some instructions available at https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...language=en_US (for direct brokerage customers) and https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...language=en_US (for evaluators) but I'm assuming you're already past that point. Just to clarify, when you say latest version do you mean 8.0.28.0 or 8.1.1.4? At the above links you might also check the articles over to the right in related articles and see if any of these provide the help you need. NinjaTrader support might not be available until after the market opens tonight.
      Thanks so much for your response. I sure am past following the instruction. I have 8.1.1.3 NT8 installed.

Comment

If you're already on 8.1.1.3, I'd go ahead and update to 8.1.1.4 just so when NinjaTrader Support becomes available, they don't respond, just asking you to update. If you're on the latest version, they can quickly move closer to the cause. The changes from 8.1.1.3 to 8.1.1.4 are minor. And there's always a small chance it might fix this, so it's a low-risk try.

Since we're in market closure hours now there is always a small chance the relevant servers are on maintenance and it might come online at 6pm ET today but there's obviously no guarantee of that since we don't know what's causing this message you're receiving.
        Bruce DeVault

Comment

Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post
          If you're already on 8.1.1.3, I'd go ahead and update to 8.1.1.4 just so when NinjaTrader Support becomes available, they don't respond, just asking you to update. If you're on the latest version, they can quickly move closer to the cause. The changes from 8.1.1.3 to 8.1.1.4 are minor. And there's always a small chance it might fix this, so it's a low-risk try.

Since we're in market closure hours now there is always a small chance the relevant servers are on maintenance and it might come online at 6pm ET today but there's obviously no guarantee of that since we don't know what's causing this message you're receiving.
          I did not get the latest version, however I was just trying different strategies, and when I tried to connect it worked this time. I so much appreciate your help!

Comment

You're welcome - glad you were able to connect. They might have just been down for maintenance since the markets are closed for another three hours or so.
            Bruce DeVault

Comment

Hello Graci117,

Thanks for your post.

I am happy to hear you were able to get connected to your account connection. Next time this occurs please write in to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a brief description of your issue, the NinjaTrader version you are using, and your log and trace files. One of our Support technicians will be happy to assist you as soon as they are available and have looked into the behavior you reported.

For future reference, the steps below could be used to manually attach your log and trace files to your response.
              • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to "Documents" > Open the "NinjaTrader 7/8" folder
              • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
              • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
              • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks for using NinjaTrader!
              Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by LiamTwine, Today, 08:10 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post LiamTwine  
              Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM