Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on log access at launch

Hello

i was running my strategy today for testing purpose when an error occured , such of not enough space available on disk. I have re installed ninja ,created a new windows profile, restarded windows etc... and i still have the same error at launch : Unable to open log file 'C:\Users\....'
    The path is correct, there are no log file in it, i can create some manually,
    I have also made my user proprietary of the ninja folder in users\Documents, but i still have the same error.

In event viewer when the first error occured during my strategy test:

"System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
    à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
    à System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].CommonInit()
    à System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]..ctor(System.String, System.String, System.String, System.IO.SearchOption, System.IO.SearchResultHandler`1<System.__Canon>, Boolean)
    à System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(System.String, System.String)
    à NinjaTrader.Cbi.Log.CreateLogThread()
    à NinjaTrader.Cbi.Log.Process(System.Type, System.String, System.Object[], NinjaTrader.Cbi.LogLevel, NinjaTrader.Cbi.LogCategories, System.String, NinjaTrader.Cbi.User, NinjaTrader.Cbi.Account, System.DateTime)
    à NinjaTrader.Cbi.Log.Process(System.Type, System.String, System.Object[], NinjaTrader.Cbi.LogLevel, NinjaTrader.Cbi.LogCategories)
    à NinjaTrader.AppHelper+<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<OnStar tup>b__0(System.Object)
    à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    à System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System. Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    à System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()​

"

Now when there is an error on launch :
    "
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException
    à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
    à System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[], Int32, Int32)
    à System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.FlushBuffer()
    à System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.Flush()
    à System.Xml.XmlWellFormedWriter.Close()
    à System.Xml.XmlWriter.Dispose(Boolean)
    à System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Save(System.String, System.Xml.Linq.SaveOptions)
    à NinjaTrader.AppHelper+<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<OnStar tup>b__0(System.Object)
    à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    à System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System. Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    à System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()​

"

Thanks for your help

Attached Files

If you look in Documents -> NinjaTrader 8 do you see a log folder? If not, you need to re-create the empty folder named log. You should probably also check for a folder named trace which is similar and in the same location Documents -> NinjaTrader 8.

If you have more than just this deleted, you should download and run a repair installation by re-running the setup program and it will fix any such missing folders or files as it repairs.
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello

yes there is a log folder, i have re installed windows, sad but now it works

Comment

Hello xMCoo,

Thanks for your post.

I am happy to hear that you got this error resolved. If this happens to occur again, please write in to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a brief description of the error and you log and trace files. One of our Support technicians will be happy to get back to you as soon as the are available and have investigated the cause of this.

For future reference, the steps below could be used to manually attach your log and trace files to your email.
        • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to "Documents" > Open the "NinjaTrader 7/8" folder
        • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        ​Thanks for choosing NinjaTrader!
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Eduardo  
        Started by PeakTry, Today, 10:49 AM
        0 responses