Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why do live data bars differ from market replay bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imonlysleeping View Post

Why is it not that? Why why why why why

Why make it confusing for everyone? why why why why

Why not just make it good? why why why why huh why why

Did you read the post I linked above where NinjaTrader explained how Simulation works?
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Also you never directly answered my actual questions in the first post, as usual. Have any answers to that, just for the hell of it?

Comment

Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post
        Well, I actually think it's a great platform for what it is designed to do. I believe you may have some misunderstandings about how it is designed to work which is why I took the time to explain some of these points to you.
        Ahhh right, the scam design: to show people fake results on all the fake data they provide, then throw those unsuspecting idiots into live market data which is apparently not real or market replay is more real or none of it is real? nobody knows hahahah admit it, YOU don't even know hahahah

Great business, great platform. For sure. This is getting better and better by the post

Comment

No, they never claimed it was live data. They explicitly called it "Simulation," but I did still think it would be nice to separate simulated fills from simulated feed for clarity, and I suggested so myself immediately after 8.1 came out with the new wording.
          Bruce DeVault

Comment

Also you never directly answered my actual questions in the first post, as usual. Have any answers to that, just for the hell of it?
            Well, my first thought was that maybe you clicked on Simulation thinking it was only simulated fills, and didn't realize the market data would be different also, which is why I tried to get that clarified before any of us spend any more time on it if the data wasn't real data.
            Bruce DeVault

Comment

Market Replay data is recorded as it arrives live from CQG. NinjaTrader's paid feed is also from CQG, but Simulation is not (or at least, not directly), it is simulated.
              Bruce DeVault

Comment

Did you read the post I linked above where NinjaTrader explained how Simulation works?
                I read it. It's ****ing embarrassing to be honest. It's too clear that they are trying to scam people with all the madness and its very sad. I want it to be known that I have not lost any money using NT, but have been coding an automated strategy and familiarizing myself with the platform to potentially do so. After all of this effort to try and understand what is going on with NinjaTrader, i can honestly tell you i believe it is definitely a scam and that you should steer clear. Again, i am not bitter because i've lost any money trading with them. Simply furstrated that i have wasted this much time and energy on something so worthless.

No legit and professional platform/broker/data provider goes out of their way this much to confuse their users and have them so mind numbingly stupified, that those users end up just saying **** it and starting a live account to try and understand wtf might actually be going on. Once they do that they still realize its just as confusing as before so they quit for good, like me. I will find a better platform for my needs.

Thanks but no thanks.
                Last edited by imonlysleeping; 04-29-2023, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Well, my first thought was that maybe you clicked on Simulation thinking it was only simulated fills, and didn't realize the market data would be different also, which is why I tried to get that clarified before any of us spend any more time on it if the data wasn't real data.
                  Why the **** would anyone want simulated data that isn't at least precisely accurate to real data or 99% correlated at minimum? And then, how about we make like 17 different options and settings around that fake data to really confuse the crap out of everyone EVEN MORE. lolol NT can go to hell hahaha
                  Last edited by imonlysleeping; 04-29-2023, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I don't think they have done anything deliberately confusing. My only suggestion was to clarify the wording of "Simulation" so it's understood whether or not it's a "Simulated Data Feed." As you can see in the original post, I was confused and thought it was not simulated data also in addition to being simulated fills, yet NinjaTrader later clarified that is is simulated data unless the user subscribes to live market data. I otherwise think it's quite clear. That wording was all new to us, because it only debuted in March, so some of us who have been with NinjaTrader for almost 20 years now needed a bit of time to catch up with the exact meaning of the new wording because before simulated data was always called "Simulated Data Feed" and now "Simulation" covers both cases.
                    Last edited by QuantKey_Bruce; 04-29-2023, 02:23 PM.
                    Bruce DeVault

Comment

Why the **** would anyone want simulated data that isn't real? NT can go to hell hahaha
                      Because some people don't want to pay market data fees, I assume. But, I think that's a mistake personally - people should pay the fees and have live data. But they're trying to make it as frictionless as possible to sign up so it's helpful to get a signup without requiring any payment I'm assuming.
                      Bruce DeVault

Comment

Because some people don't want to pay market data fees, I assume. But, I think that's a mistake personally - people should pay the fees and have live data. But they're trying to make it as frictionless as possible to sign up so it's helpful to get a signup without requiring any payment I'm assuming.
                        Fake data and a bunch of options for manipulating that fake data will not make anyone want to stay, ever. Simple logic is clearly in short supply amongst the NT chain of command, and possibly around the forums as well.

Let it be known, i'm PAYING for data and still getting completely wacky results. So lost amongst NT's myriad of trash pile options maze, that i have no idea what is real or not. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

BOTTOM LINE: If the data you are paying for has no correlation with any of the data you are doing testing on, we must all admit that IDIOCY has taken over somewhere in the chain and we must question what is going on and if chaos and madness has taken over. That was my humble goal in this thread, and i think it has been achieved and confirmed. When you ask questions, you only move deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole of insanity.
                        Last edited by imonlysleeping; 04-29-2023, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I asked for the wording to be clarified. That's all I can do. Users should subscribe to live market data, clearly. But some people who are just signing up and trying it out (so they can see if they like the charts or whatever) don't want to pay anything yet, so I suppose this gives them a way to kick the tires a bit. Yet, they should sign up for live data before they do anything serious, of course, and if the wording were more clear, maybe that process could be improved further.
                          Bruce DeVault

Comment

I asked for the wording to be clarified. That's all I can do. Users should subscribe to live market data, clearly. But some people who are just signing up and trying it out (so they can see if they like the charts or whatever) don't want to pay anything yet, so I suppose this gives them a way to kick the tires a bit. Yet, they should sign up for live data before they do anything serious, of course, and if the wording were more clear, maybe that process could be improved further.
                            Bruce, why would i trust live market data OR, more importantly, an automated trading strategy to trade using live data, if that data will always be different from any of the other data found within the NT app that is available for testing said strategy, including the sim account?

In other words, the live data which comes in turns into fake data once its in the app, as you saw from my first post in this thread. Think about this, i know you're not that dumb. Its a scam.

Otherwise, i guess you have to spend 6 months "recording" the live data into your computer yourself, and even after all that wasted time, why would i expect that to work correctly at this point? Lol i definitely wouldn't fall for that.

Someone CHANGE MY MIND about NT. Bruce, do you know of any other platforms that actually work for custom automated systems that can handle tick charts?
                            Last edited by imonlysleeping; 04-29-2023, 02:46 PM.

Comment

I believe that NinjaTrader works but you're confusing some basic points here. I'm sure there's a logical explanation. I don't think you've gotten to the bottom of the question at hand yet, but it's not going to turn out to be a scam - it will turn out to be a misunderstanding of how things work or something you missed accidentally, in the end.
                              Bruce DeVault

Comment

I believe that NinjaTrader works but you're confusing some basic points here. I'm sure there's a logical explanation. I don't think you've gotten to the bottom of the question at hand yet, but it's not going to turn out to be a scam - it will turn out to be a misunderstanding of how things work or something you missed accidentally, in the end.
                                Things don't work, thats the point. If they worked i wouldn't be here trading posts with you. I'm not a forum junkie or have any interest in making forum posts unless i absolutely have to to get to the next step of a project.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post cre8able  
                                Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post ChartTourist