NT8 takes a while to load now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 takes a while to load now

I noticed a week ago, that my ninjatrader 8 takes a while to load. This was not the case for the last few months. I've already removed a lot of my unused addons. Thank you

Hello injpowwetrust,

Thank you for your post.

I suggest reviewing the performance tips in our help guide for ideas on how you could optimize your platform's performance and loading times:

If you'd like, one of our support reps could review your diagnostic files and offer more individual assistance via email. You can send us your files by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default. Please be sure to include a brief description of your inquiry in the body of the email.

Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.​
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes that is the case. I backed up my old version 8, rebooted and timed the startup. Installed 8.1.1.1, fired it up and noticed a large delay. So I rebooted and timed the startup and it was more than 100% off. The comment check the performance tips don't apply here as the only thing I did was install the product. During installation I didn't add windows, indicators, strategies ... no other changes were made. My trading mates have recorded the same issue with some having rolled back. I have added every other release as they came out hoping for a fix but no luck

Comment

I'm not sure if you're referring to the same area, but there is an extremely long pause sometimes after typing the password and before it acknowledges that it is doing anything. For instance, if you mistype the password and click to log in, sometimes it is multiple seconds before it says the password is invalid, during which time there is no indication that it is even doing anything. It could be that the back end server is slow to respond here but the front end client is not really updating the UI until it hears back from the back end, which is awkward at best. If you look at the first few lines of your trace file, you can see where this pause occurs. The program starts up, and then somewhere around 3-5 seconds later (it's 5 seconds in my current startup trace on a machine with a gigabit hardwired internet connection and nothing else running on a fast machine), the user entitlements come back from live.tradovateapi.com. During that period of time, the username and password screen has given no indication that my click even worked, so sometimes I think I missed the button and try clicking again.

Edit: it does at some point during this time change the button's text to "Loading..." but that does not happen immediately - it's at least a second later - and appears to be based on some event besides the click unless it is just not invalidating the control and repainting it. Maybe that's what needs to be done. I shutdown and restarted just now several times and each time it took at least four seconds for the user entitlements to be returned.
        Last edited by QuantKey_Bruce; 04-28-2023, 04:50 AM.
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hi QuantKey_Bruce most of my trading mates and I are IT folk so we don't include login - authentication in our startup times and have plenty of experience with programs, systems and qualifying performance. The login is reliably very slow and not close to best in class authentication. Removing authentication from the startup timing the same charts, indicators, systems ... take way longer on every iteration from authentication through loading and calculating. Not just being a noticeable delay but a painful one. Once they are all loaded it performs as usual

Comment

Originally posted by brenton View Post
            Hi QuantKey_Bruce most of my trading mates and I are IT folk so we don't include login - authentication in our startup times and have plenty of experience with programs, systems and qualifying performance. The login is reliably very slow and not close to best in class authentication. Removing authentication from the startup timing the same charts, indicators, systems ... take way longer on every iteration from authentication through loading and calculating. Not just being a noticeable delay but a painful one. Once they are all loaded it performs as usual
            brenton Have you taken a look at the trace to see at what stage the slowdown is happening?
            Bruce DeVault
            QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
            6 responses
            1 like
            Last Post jgualdronc  
            Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM