Unable to load ATM strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to load ATM strategy

Why am I getting this error message (plus the same message for all the other ATM strategies that are in the Atmstrategy folder)? The strategy does seem to be there when I open up the chart trader.

Why do I not see certain indicators in my NT charts, even though they are visible in the indicators folder in Documents -> Ninjatrader8 -> Templates -> Indicator?

Do I have to import the custom indicators after a fresh install of NT8? (Even though I manually placed all the indicators in the folder from a windows file history file?)

Comment

Hello tsliepen,

The error you are seeing would generally come up if the file is invalid in some way.

After manually placing indicator .cs files in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators folder you would need to open the NinjaScript editor and compile. You can then use templates from charts that include those indicators. If the indicator is not imported or the platform has not been compiled you can load a template but it will not load the indicators.

Did you re install the platform and start a new user folder or was there some change recently which may have corrupted your user folder data?
      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, NT8 was re-installed (and I think that means automatically that a new user folder was generated?).

Comment

Hello tsliepen,

Reinstalling won't automatically make a new user folder, that depends on the situation. Did you reinstall over the top of an existing NT8 install or was this a fresh install? Was there a reason for re installing such as a problem?

Comment

It was a fresh install. To me it seems things go wrong when OneDrive tries to synchronize the Documents folder. It has screwed me up before.

Did I miss the solution on how to fix the error message below?

When I open the chart trader all my ATM strategies are listed, but when I try to use one the error message below pops up for all the ATM strategies.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by tsliepen; 04-26-2023, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Hello tsliepen,

A fresh install would create a new user folder, fresh meaning you did not have NinjaTrader installed at all and the NinjaTrader 8 folder did not exist in the documents folder. If you had NinjaTrader installed already then that would not be a fresh install but just re installing over the existing install.

Using one drive can cause corruption if you are trying to use that while NinjaTrader is running. You can use onedrive but you would need to make sure that its not running while you use the platform. That goes for any external application that may sync or scan files in the documents folder. NinjaTrader is using the documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder while open.

The error you are seeing generally happens if the file is corrupt. If you are trying to restore data that was on onedrive it may be that onedrive has stored corrupted data. You can open the .xml file in a text viewer to see if it has xml content, no content or some corrupted characters to get a better idea of what's happening. You can also attach the .xml file to the post so that we can review what contents are in the file.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by set2win, 08-04-2021, 09:23 AM
              38 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post diglemar  
              Started by ETFVoyageur, Yesterday, 06:05 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes