Problems with native NT8 indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with native NT8 indicators

Hi, I'm having problems with a couple of native NT8 indicators -- the bar timer and pivots. On a 1 minute chart Bar Timer starts counting down at 45 instead of 60 leaving zeros showing for the first 15 seconds despite data coming in and the bars on the chart moving. The Pivots problem is that it takes very long to calculate, much longer than it used to.
    Can you tell me how to reset them in the case they are corrupted?
    Thanks.

Hello manraygun,

Thank you for your post.

I suspect that what you have described is a behavior we refer to as "chart rendering delay" which can be caused by even a single "bad" configuration in your workspace or by having so many active calculations in the platform that you are overloading your PC's available resources for the platform. We have a basic list of performance tips in our help guide that could help you to optimize the performance and loading of your charts:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ance_tips2.htm

Some of the most common items I have seen are related to having too many days loading on your charts; you may review the number of days to load with these steps:
    • Right-click a chart and select Data Series
    • In the "Time Frame" section reduce the number of days to load
    • Click OK to save your changes and test
    Another item that can place a heavier load on your system is the method of calculation for indicators on your charts. Use these steps to review/adjust the configuration:
    • Right-click a chart and select Indicators
    • For each "configured" indicator on the bottom left-hand list, double-check the "Calculation" property to the right. Unless an indicator requires On Each Tick, please try changing to On Price Change or On Bar Close as these calculations are less resource-intensive than On Each Tick
    • Click OK to save any changes
    Finally, there is even a diagnostic test you could try in the moment when your charts seem to be lagging behind real-time data. To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
    • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
    • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
    • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
    • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send us a screenshot of its contents
      • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
      • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    If there are any third-party add-ons that you no longer use, please see the page below for steps on how to remove these items from your platform:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...emovingAdd-Ons

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.​
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. I'll try these suggestions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by deamenvc, Today, 05:00 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes