Changing the instrument display type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the instrument display type

I have a support ticket in already but it has had NO MOVEMENT in 14 days so that seems excessive without a solution at least to me...

Background...

I am running 8.0.27.1 as a production/trading machine... No issues and NO PLANS to upgrade at this time...
    I have a NT Brokerage account and I have zero issues with the portal...

I am also running 8.1.1.3 on a VPS testing the new version and running only automated strategies... No live trading....
    I created a demo account on the portal...
    That is a DEMO account... It will ALWAYS be a demo account... that means there will be no need to open an account...

So here is the "issue"..

By default, version 8.1.1.3 automatically decided for me during installation how it's going to display my instruments... it uses the ES JUN23 format... That means EVERY report you run compiles the data with this as the default which makes sense... However...

When I export that data and want to use it on a previous version... yes, you guessed it... it's not backwards compatible so it's useless to use on 8.0.27.1 where I do NOT have a
    choice and the old version displays as ES 06-23.. But hey, that's no problem... I'll just jump over to the portal of my DEMO ACCOUNT and change the format to be compatible...

Cool... Awesome... 30 seconds, right?

No... wrong... Your 2 choices on the portal are open an account (DEMO account remember?) and Simulation... So I'll choose simulation because you know this is a DEMO account...

Once I move to the next screen which REQUIRES me to "tell us a bit about yourself" I have to enter personal information for my DEMO ONLY account... Annoying but I'll play because I NEED to change the instrument display type... After filling out the information and clicking continue, I am prompted with an error message prompting me to subscribe to live market data...

For my DEMO ONLY account... So now I am dead in the water...

I would complain but I've waited 14 days for a resolution... I have totally given 2 different support agents permission to change it for me while they work through their "issues"... crickets...
    There is no live account... there is no other issue that would prevent it from being changed other than NO ONE in support is interested in solving my problem while they sit around in meetings and try to figure out how they never could have come up with this scenario as a possibility...

So when the next support agent comes across this, please reach out to me privately and I'll AGAIN give you permission to change my instrument display type from one type to another... In case you missed it, it's a DEMO ACCOUNT so there is no personal information I care about... I'm trying to evaluate the new version and this is a big hinderance...

I won't even go into the NUMEROUS posts about the new login procedures... for my DEMO ACCOUNT...

In the amount of time it took me to compile this email, it could have been changed...
    Last edited by brenthilburn; 04-15-2023, 06:14 AM.

Hello brenthilburn,

Thanks for your post.

We are currently looking into the behavior you have reported and I will reach back out to you as soon as I have thoroughly researched the matter.

Thanks for your patience; I look forward to assisting further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's now been 16 days since I originally reported the problem... As I suggested, maybe it's time someone take 5 mins and change it for me while you "thoroughly research" the matter...

Comment

Hello brenthilburn,

Thanks for your notes.

When creating an account on the NinjaTrader Client Dashboard, when you log into the Dashboard after confirming your email you will be asked to select Live or Simulation. When you select Simulation, you will be directed to the "tell us a bit about yourself" page and asked to input your personal information. After entering your personal information you should be directed to the homepage of the NinjaTrader Dashboard.

It sounds from your comments that you are not directed to this page, you are instead seeing an error message that asks you to subscribe to live data. Is this correct?

Please write in to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com and include the information below in your reply so that we may schedule a support call with you to look into this matter further. In the subject of the email include 'ATTN: Brandon H'. In the body of the email, include a link to this forum thread and the information below.
        • A phone number where you can be reached
        • A time window where I can call you (please include a time zone). Our regular support hours are 8:30am to 6pm US Eastern, Monday through Friday
        • Shortly before our call, please launch our remote support application (TeamViewer). There are 2 ways you can do this:
          • Via the NinjaTrader 8 Control Center > Help > Remote Support
          • If you use NinjaTrader, 7, cannot start NinjaTrader 8, or have not yet downloaded NinjaTrader, please download the support application here:
        I look forward to assisting further.

Comment

No... Not correct... I am seeing simulation... Please note what I wrote in my original email...

"Once I move to the next screen which REQUIRES me to "tell us a bit about yourself" I have to enter personal information for my DEMO ONLY account... Annoying but I'll play because I NEED to change the instrument display type... After filling out the information and clicking continue, I am prompted with an error message prompting me to subscribe to live market data..."

The simulation mode is instructing me that I need to subscribe to live data before I can proceed and then the screen "hangs" and the only way I can get out of it is close it and start over or move back to the previous screen....

Comment

Originally posted by brenthilburn View Post

The simulation mode is instructing me that I need to subscribe to live data before I can proceed and then the screen "hangs" and the only way I can get out of it is close it and start over or move back to the previous screen....
            On Chrome?

Some of this sounds like a flaw in the signup process but some of it sounds like browser incompatibility possibly. Especially when the screen has no way out.
            Bruce DeVault
            QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello brenthilburn,

Thanks for your note.

If you have not yet done so, please write in to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com and include the information below in your reply so that we may schedule a support call with you to look into this matter further. In the subject of the email include 'ATTN: Brandon H'. In the body of the email, include a link to this forum thread and the information below.
              • A phone number where you can be reached
              • A time window where I can call you (please include a time zone). Our regular support hours are 8:30am to 6pm US Eastern, Monday through Friday
              • Shortly before our call, please launch our remote support application (TeamViewer). There are 2 ways you can do this:
                • Via the NinjaTrader 8 Control Center > Help > Remote Support
                • If you use NinjaTrader, 7, cannot start NinjaTrader 8, or have not yet downloaded NinjaTrader, please download the support application here:
              I look forward to assisting further.
              ​​

Comment

Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post
                On Chrome?

Some of this sounds like a flaw in the signup process but some of it sounds like browser incompatibility possibly. Especially when the screen has no way out.
                On every browser... I have tried near all of them in all their modes...

Comment

brenthilburn Okay, it was worth a try. You'll have to wait for support to address the particulars then.
                  Bruce DeVault
                  QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Issue resolved thanks to Brandon H at Ninjatrader... We also identified a scenario where an account can be created and the backend may not so all in all a fruitful venture...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Ndakotan1313, 03-14-2024, 05:02 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post blaise_code  
                    Started by claxxical, 05-30-2017, 12:30 PM
                    37 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Padan