cant access any of my strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant access any of my strategies

I have around 40 or 50 strategies saved on NT. Somehow NT automatically updated on its own today because I notice a new prompt asking me if i want live or simulated trading. When i choose live trading I got an error message about programming. When i realized all of my strategies that i have been running for quite some time were all gone i attempted to try and import one. and this is the error i get. photo attached.

these are strategies that i have been running without problem for quite a while.

So I'll be the one to break the bad news to you...

First of all, Ninjatrader doesn't have an "auto update" function built in... every update is a download/install and is user generated... Some of us wish it did but that doesn't exist... the update was user generated... Having said that, if your strategies don't show then they are likely gone from the database and you'll have to reload them all manually...

At this point, you are better off to do NOTHING else and send a support ticket to platform support and open a support ticket just in case they can help...

You can do that from the platform control center by clicking help > Email Support and sending them your information... Be sure to include log and trace files as part of the email send...

I will also advise to BE PATIENT... If you have any hope of getting back to where you were it may cost you a few days of trading while NT support works your problem... Everything you do from this point forward will make getting back to where you were much less likely if it's even a remote possibility...

Good luck!

Comment

You should go into script editor and click compile, and take a look at the errors that are listed. If you don't understand what to do with the errors you see post a screenshot so others or NinjaTrader Support can help you. If they all refer to a single file, go into Documents -> NinjaTrader 8 -> bin -> Custom -> indicators (or strategies) and move that file out to your desktop, then compile again without the offending file. Generally, what has happened is you have installed a script that is incompatible with NinjaTrader 8 or your installation has gotten corrupted and these types of issues can be fixed.

But understand, NinjaTrader did not just "on its own" break itself. This will turn out to have something to do with something you installed or software you have running on your computer such as OneDrive etc.
      Bruce DeVault
      QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

So I fixed it. I read up and learned about editor and compilation. I was able through that process to find the missing references and add them. Took about an hour for me to learn about compiles and get it all fixed. Back up and running and ALL of my strats came back.

I will say, that up until now, I am well aware that updating was manual. But something DEFINITELY changed on its own yesterday. The new log in prompt on ninja trader with the new version changed on its own that brings up a window asking if I want to sim or live trade. Then when NT winds up it auto logs into either live connection or sim. Which means it not only updated on its own but it changed the config around also. It is definitely doing something automatically with the newest version. I haven’t manually updated for a couple weeks, all that happened yesterday.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
        4 responses
        1 like
        Last Post jgualdronc