X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem

Hi,
    when I open NT8 communicat A1 pops up.
    when I try to open ninja script no errors visual...
    tool/ import/ Add On the other error pops up.
    I run repair from NT8 installer, but it did not help/
    I do not know which files the script editor referes to

please be so kind to advice
    NT8 version 8.0.26.1
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	1245969Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	1245970Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	1245971
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Emily; 04-13-2023, 09:06 AM. Reason: inserting screenshots for better visibility

Hello RafalKment,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling your NinjaScripts.

For NinjaTrader 8:
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
    • Right-click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
    • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
    • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double-clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left-click--> right-click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.
    If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Emily,
      Many thanks for the explanation, looks like all the indicators with CS0101 are already used as names.
      i tried to exclude one by one but nothing happens. no chance to remove them.
      not sure what to do next.

Comment

Hello RafalKment,

Thank you for your reply.

If you go to the Documents folder on your PC and look in Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators do you see any duplicated scripts? I suspect that there are potentially two indicators sharing the same name that are causing this error message. You will need to delete one of the duplicated files or change the name of the class inside of the script (for example, where it says "public class ______ : Indicator" you will need to make sure there are no duplicates with the same name) then recompile again to test.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello Emili,
          I have checked the indicators file. there is 2 indicators with the same name in bin file
          opened ADL in visual studio so you can investigate, but it look s OK for me

Comment

Hello RafalKment,

Which two indicators have the same name? I am not seeing any duplicates based on your screenshot.

I would like to work with you via email. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.​ Please include "ATTN Emily C" in the subject line along with a link to this forum thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to resolving this item with you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
            4 responses