Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Failed to Submit Orders - System.NullReferenceException.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to Submit Orders - System.NullReferenceException.

I am getting an error while submitting an order. Entries are fine but this error comes when I issue a stopmarket order at everybar low or high as trailing. I tried many suggestions given in the forum but not able to resolve. I also tried some of the samples provided which also shows this error. I am a C# programmer and have made sure I am not using any objects that is null or not initialized. I am using Ninjaversion 8.1.1.1 64 Bit. I am running this strategy in a renko chart. Can you provide any insights to resolved this ?

​​

Hello rajesh00074,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Forums.

The current version of NinjaTrader 8 is 8.1.1.3. Please update NinjaTrader to the latest version. Updates to NinjaTrader will contain the latest security updates and bug fixes, as well as occasional new features and instruments.

To update NinjaTrader
    • Shutdown all programs including NinjaTrader *important
    • Download NinjaTrader from the link below
    • Double-click the downloaded file to execute it
    • Follow the on-screen instructions
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    You can read about changes to this release in the release notes linked below.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

That said, my colleague Chelsea has created educational examples of strategy builder breakeven and trailing stop in the strategy builder here:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...der#post806596

Please test the TrailBuilderExample script from this forum thread and report if the same behavior occurs.

Also, send me a screenshot of the error message ensuring the full error message is visible so I may accurately assist.​
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    Further, this help guide page talks about how to check for null references in a NinjaScript to ensure that you are not referencing a null object which you might find helpful: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...references.htm
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. Finally I figured out that I had applied ATMStrategyIdentifier (downloaded from Ninjatraderecosystem.com) as an indicator which was throwing the exception. Thanks for sharing the inputs which helped in identifying the issue

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Balage0922  
      Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post JoMoon2024