Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

When in trades, getting random error when trying to sell partial position.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When in trades, getting random error when trying to sell partial position.

I hope someone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here. I lost the error but it's happened quite a few times. Basically let's say I'm in an ES trade with 2 contracts. I typically enter with an ATM strategy that has a profit target of 10 points and a stop loss of 5 points. Sometimes I want to sell half of my position a few points in so I change the Order qty to 1 and then I hit "Sell Mkt." Then I get some error not allowing me to do so. It says something about "RMS" and my quantity exceeding a limit. I'm basically forced to close my whole position.

Any idea what's happening here?

Hello Moraha,

Thanks for your post.

So that I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the question below.
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • You are manually submitting orders with an Atm Strategy template. Is that correct?
    • What exactly does the error message report? Please share a screenshot of the error message.
      • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
      • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting further.

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post rene69851  
    Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes