Won't backfill from IB on latest NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't backfill from IB on latest NT8

I have just installed the latest NT8 and TWS (8.1.1.3 and 10.19.1k).
    However although NT8 connects to IB TWS, it won't backfill any data. The live data on on sub-minute charts is updating ok though.
    Any suggestions?

Hello Shepherd,

Are there any errors in the control center log tab? If so please post those. Also please ensure you are requesting a small amount of data, IB does have some limits on the amount of data that you can request at once.

If you don't see any specific errors and loading a small amount of data does not work I would suggest to use the Help -> Email support option and select platform technical support. Ensure the log and trace files option is checked so that we can review the log and trace information.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jesse.

I was not getting any errors in the log but I have noticed something else.

There appears to be something problematic with the symbol mapping, at least with two instruments I've experimented with, FDAX and ES.

If I use what I believe to be the correct mappings , DAX|EUREX||25 and ES|CME , I get the problem I described above.
      However, if I add another pipe as follows - DAX|EUREX|||25 and ES||CME, I get "IB unable to find instrument" errors, however it will backfill the data, but not update live.

Comment

Hello Shepherd,

A IB instrument will have up to 4 bars in the mapping, for example: symbol|exchange|multiplier|multiplier|currency

What you changed it to should not work correctly, that has too many bars. The default for the DAX is DAX|DTB which you could change to DAX|EUREX if that is the exchange you use. if the 25 is a multiplier it would look like DAX|EUREX|25 or DAX|EUREX||25.

In general you would use the first multiplier pipe but can try the second in case you see issues. First is used for e.g. calculating avg price and such for executions

If you are still having problems with the above I would suggest to use the Help -> Email support option in the platform so that our support team can further review the log/trace information to get a better idea of what may be happening.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ageeholdings  
        Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes