Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Historical Replay data does not "play" on the chart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Replay data does not "play" on the chart.

Hi, I'm trying to run historical playback data. I have read and re-read all the instructions. The data for the day I choose is loading properly I can see it on the chart and it updates when I move ahead in time. However, when I press play the candles do not move. They are frozen. Is there a way to fix this?

Hi sprawlic
    Try using the "Default 24 x 7" Trading hours template when setting data series.

Robotman

Comment

Hello sprawlic,

Thanks for your post.

Please ensure you have historical Tick data downloaded in the Tools > Historical Data window for the instrument and dates you want to playback. You may try redownloading the historical tick data for the instrument as well.

Then, connect to the Playback connection and ensure the 'Historical' option is selected in the Playback window. Also, set the Start Date and End Date in the Playback window for the dates you want to play back.

Next, open a New > Chart window for the instrument you are wanting to play back. Once the chart loads, click the play button on the Playback window to play back the data.

If you are still having trouble with this, please let me know what the instrument is and the exact settings that are being used so I may investigate further. Also, provide a screenshot showing the historical Tick data is downloaded and the settings you are using.
      • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
      • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
      Historical Data: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/download.htm
      Playback: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/playback.htm

Let me know if I may assist further.

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rene69851