Issues with IBKR data feed in NinjaTrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with IBKR data feed in NinjaTrader

Been pulling my hair out (not that I have much) on this one. I have live and historical market data from Interactive Brokers and trying to get that to work on NinjaTrader. I've literally tried everything, using both TWS and the IB Gateway methods (both correct versions), but charts refuse to load any candles. In the top left corner I get "Loading" and it will just sit there for eternity. I have data coming through on L2 and Time & Sales, but not on any chart. I'm also not messing with IB's limitations, as I'm loading 1 chart, 1 ticker, 1 min time interval for 1 day only. Also tried reloading all historical data from the chart (as the 14-day trial is using Kinetick), but no dice on that either.

Connecting my IBKR account through Tradingview I have no problem with live and historical data, everything works flawlessly. I'm still using the 14-day trial of Ninja Trader, so I'm not sure if that could have something to do with it?

Would appreciate any help, as I'm desperate to get this working.

Thanks.

I managed to solve the problem. From Tools->Historical Data, I downloaded 2 week's worth of data for a ticker, which then loaded on the chart. After that, switching to any ticker, the chart will load properly. Altering the "Days to Load" from the Data Series on the chart will also now load historical data.

Hopefully that helps someone else struggling with the same issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post lightsun47  
    Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post 00nevest