Collapse

TP/SL when moved to same price behave differently on Desktop if placed on WEB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TP/SL when moved to same price behave differently on Desktop if placed on WEB

Hello.

Using v8.1.1.3

TP and SL when moved to same price behave differently on Desktop if originally placed on WEB platform.

Should this be happening (?)

On Desktop if additional OCO trades place a TP/SL at different prices to previous trades and if you then move the TP/SL to the same price the orders get stacked along side each other with the individual number of contracts showing in each "tag"

ie:

Two OCO trades with one 3 lot SL each at different price:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Order-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.0 KB ID:	1244905

When I move the two 3 lot SL's to the same price the two trades show as two separate tags of 3 lots each (2 x 3) .
    All good so far:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Order-3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.0 KB ID:	1244906

I can then separate those two x 3 lot trades to different prices again simply via click and drag on one of the "3s" tags

Click image for larger version  Name:	Order-4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.3 KB ID:	1244907

The above is when I place the trades originally on the Desktop platform.

However this doesn't happen if I place the trades originally on the WEB platform.

If I originally place those OCO trades on the WEB platform and I then move (on the Desktop platform) the SL to the same price the trades showing on the Desktop do not get stacked as two 3 lot but are added together as one 6 lot tag and I also can't then separate them as two 3 lots.

Here is the Desktop showing two 3 lot SL placed from an OCO on the WEB:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Web Order-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.7 KB ID:	1244908

Moving them to the same price become one 6 lot and I can't then separate them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Web Order-3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.9 KB ID:	1244909

To repeat the question: should this be happening.

Many thx
    Last edited by dj22522; 04-06-2023, 11:08 AM.

Additionally.

The SL and or TP on the WEB platform when moved to the same price don't get stacked in the same way as the Desktop by adding additional tags ie: two 3 lot SL side by side and don't get added together as a 6 lot but lay over each other so you can't see what's underneath ie: a 3 lot over a 3 lot. This also means you can't then move the whole order of two 3 lots side by side in one go (as you can on the Desktop) instead you have to grab each order and move them separately.

Hope this all makes sense.

many thx

Comment

Hello dj22522,

Thank you for your post.

When an order is placed via web, then the stops are moved to the same price in desktop, I am seeing the same behavior. If orders are "added together" instead of stacked where you can click them separately, the platform still recognizes them as different orders. You may right-click to open a menu listing all orders added together at that price, then hover over one of the orders and select either "increase price" or "decrease price" to move the order up or down by one tick. The orders will then be separated again and you may move them to different prices. This is also the same behavior when using ATM strategies in desktop only and multiple stops/targets get moved to the same price. Here is a video to demonstrate:

As for your second post concerning the behavior in the web platform when you move SL or TP to the same price, this sounds like it is the expected behavior from the web platform.

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
      Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by llanqui, Today, 10:32 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post llanqui
      by llanqui

Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM