Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback "Go To" Feature not working

Hi there,

When trying to use the playback, when I select "go to" and enter the date say 3/28/23 and a time 07:25:00 am - and click ok, it keeps reverting back to 3/28/23 @ 11:00:00pm. How do I get it to stop doing that and keep the time that I set so I don't have to fast forward through a lot of unnecessary time?

Hello tjfintrade,

Thank you for your post.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.?.?.?)
    • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 03-22, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    • Do you receive an error on the screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    • If you go to Control Center > Tools > Historical Data and click the + next to Market Replay, do you see data for the instrument, date, and time you are trying to "Go to" in the controller?
    I look forward to your reply.​
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

• What version of NinjaTrader are you using? 8.1.1.1
      • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? ES 06-23
      • (For a chart) what interval is selected? 5 minute
      • Do you receive an error on the screen? No Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? No
      • If you go to Control Center > Tools > Historical Data and click the + next to Market Replay, do you see data for the instrument, date, and time you are trying to "Go to" in the controller? Yes it's all there.
      The date I am trying to test is 3/27/23 starting at 8:25 am but it keeps reverting back to 11:00pm when I use the "Go to" options.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello tjfintrade,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to note that there is an update available to the latest version, 8.1.1.3. To update to the latest version of NinjaTrader Desktop please follow the steps below.
        • Login into the NinjaTrader Account Dashboard
        • Click "Download" in the bottom left-hand corner of the sidebar
        • Next select "Download" in the "Most Recent Release" Window in the main screen
        • Once the installation had downloaded, ensure any previous version of NinjaTrader is closed before running the installation package.
          • Note: You may need to locate this in your "Downloads" folder in a Windows File Explorer
        ​That said, I was able to get the same results you reported when I have the option "Playback from selected" enabled in the right-click menu and my start date is set to 03/27/2023. In my case, it sets the start time to 10:00 PM instead of 11:00 PM and that is likely due to the time zone. To resolve this, please set your start date back to 03/26/2023. That should start from 03/26/2023 at 11:00 PM and allow you to select 3/27 at 8:25 AM. This lines up with the "Being" and "End" columns for downloaded data. The downloaded data for the session on 3/27 starts on 3/26 at 11:00 PM and ends on 3/27 at 10:59:58 PM, therefore setting the start to 3/26 will allow you to go to a specified time within the 3/27 session.

For more details on the options available from the playback right-click menu:

I hope this helps to clarify. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post
          Hello tjfintrade,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to note that there is an update available to the latest version, 8.1.1.3. To update to the latest version of NinjaTrader Desktop please follow the steps below.
          • Login into the NinjaTrader Account Dashboard
          • Click "Download" in the bottom left-hand corner of the sidebar
          • Next select "Download" in the "Most Recent Release" Window in the main screen
          • Once the installation had downloaded, ensure any previous version of NinjaTrader is closed before running the installation package.
            • Note: You may need to locate this in your "Downloads" folder in a Windows File Explorer
          ​That said, I was able to get the same results you reported when I have the option "Playback from selected" enabled in the right-click menu and my start date is set to 03/27/2023. In my case, it sets the start time to 10:00 PM instead of 11:00 PM and that is likely due to the time zone. To resolve this, please set your start date back to 03/26/2023. That should start from 03/26/2023 at 11:00 PM and allow you to select 3/27 at 8:25 AM. This lines up with the "Being" and "End" columns for downloaded data. The downloaded data for the session on 3/27 starts on 3/26 at 11:00 PM and ends on 3/27 at 10:59:58 PM, therefore setting the start to 3/26 will allow you to go to a specified time within the 3/27 session.

For more details on the options available from the playback right-click menu:

I hope this helps to clarify. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
          Yes this was helpful and it worked. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by halgo_boulder, 04-20-2024, 08:44 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post halgo_boulder  
          Started by mishhh, 05-25-2010, 08:54 AM
          19 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rene69851