Current Day Starts at 0700 Hrs Instead of 0400 Hrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Day Starts at 0700 Hrs Instead of 0400 Hrs

Hello. I have 24X7 selected for trading hours. If I load a chart with multiple days, all previous days start at they should at 0400 hrs (EST), however the current day starts at 0700 hrs. This wasn't an issue until recently. Any thoughts on how to correct this issue as it affects the computation of moving averages which affect my trading strategy signals.

Most appreciated.

Dave

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your post.

Please answer all of the questions below so I may accurately assist you.
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 03-22, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    • What is your 'Days to load' Data Series setting set to in the Data Series window?
    Thanks in advance; We look forward to assisting further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello. Thanks for the quick reply. Here is the info that you requested:

Version: 8.0.27.1 64-bit
      Instrument: TSLA
      Chart Timeframe: 15 min
      Days to load: 5 days (have tested it with a wide number of days and it happens regardless)

Chart Example: Attached. In this example, April 3rd is showing as starting at 0400 hrs, but April 4 and April 5 start at 0700 hrs.

Thanks for looking into it. Click image for larger version

Name:	delete01.png
Views:	70
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	1244807

Comment

Hello dmactrades,

Thanks for that information.

I have opened a New > Chart window for the TSLA instrument and set the chart interval to 15-Minute with 10 Days to Load.

Then, I opened a Data Box window and hovered my mouse over the session start bar on April 3rd, April 4th, and April 5th. When doing this I am seeing that each date has an opening session candle that starts at 7:30AM (MST). Note the candle reads 7:45 in the Data Box and this candle holds the data from 7:30 - 7:45.

See this demonstration video: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...NF8yMTI3NTIwMA

If you open a New > Chart window with no indicators added and use the same exact Data Series settings seen in the demonstration video above, do you see the same results that are shown in the demonstration video?

Please let me know if I may assist further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Anfedport  
        Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes