Poor customer support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor customer support

FYI. I was ghosted/ignored when i asked for help logging in after changing my password. Support had maybe 3 emails with me and quit.

I am now unable to login at all as the platform had stopped login due to too many invalid login attempts.

Be aware that they do not have live chat or phone support.

At least Tradestation had phone support.

If you have installed 8.1.1.3, can't you recover your account using the ReCaptcha puzzle and 2FA?
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Nope, that's not the issue. I changed my password and the platform wouldn't accept it. There a bit of back and forth. Apparently the rep was on the phone while juggling me as lower priority. Anybody's been in the customer service knows not to drop customers for another, you handoff to another colleague.

I've switched back to the previous version and that doesn't work either.

I can't fix this without a customer rep on the phone.

So just imagine if a customer had a running loss that couldn't be closed using the desktop. Have to call in (whoops, no phone). Mail? Wait forever.
      Last edited by Skechers; 04-04-2023, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Hello Skechers,

Be aware that they do not have live chat or phone support.

This is not true, there is not a live chat but you can request a case to be opened with the chat on the ninjatrader.com website which will put you in touch with a live person. You can also request a call from support[at]ninjatrader.com if your concern cannot be solved through email.

Support had maybe 3 emails with me and quit.
        Our support works a case until your concern is solved, if you did not get a reply please ensure you check your spam folder to make sure you are getting our replies.

I am now unable to login at all as the platform had stopped login due to too many invalid login attempts.​
        There is a limit to the number of times you can enter the login information incorrectly before it has a timeout. If you are having trouble logging in please allow the timeout to pass and contact our support team so we can check that you are using the correct login information or reset the password for you.

if you have an existing case that you emailed in about I would suggest that you reply to re open the ticket so the live person that was previously helping you can help to resolve the problem. If you would like to work with someone else please send in a new email and ask for assistance. We would be happy to with any account related concern through our standard support channels, we cannot assist with account related items on the forums. We need to verify you before we can access your account which would require going through email or phone support.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just recently was provided with a phone number but the queue is very long that I reached the timeout limit some 3 times and hadn't connected with a human. I wouldn't call this having phone support.

Re: email, I'm just relating what happened to me. Apparently the support person was handling multiple cases and didn't know the proper way to manage mulltiple cases & phones.

There is no timeout, please see picture, it is not the normal too many logins. It has not changed since yesterday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	1244719

Comment

I'll make a new post.

Comment

Hello Skechers,

Posting on the forum is not going to help solve the problem, we cannot access your account through the forum to assist. You need to use the email or phone support so that we can verify you have the correct login information or reset your password. If you keep trying to log in with the incorrect info you are just going to keep hitting that error so you need to stop trying to log in and work with the support through email or phone.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I agree with the poor support. I have been waiting for 3 days for Ninja to turn my live account on the Static DOM BACK on. On top of that I have had many other issues I have had a few weeks ago this has been HORRIBLE I am going to steer anyone interested in trading, past, present and future to any platform except Ninja. I have opened a Tradestation account and a Think or Swim account. It may take me a minute to learn these platforms but I've had enough.
                Last edited by Joshua 1:8; 04-06-2023, 02:37 PM.

Comment

My problem is like those already posted. With this latest update, I can't do anything and I can't start the application. It only goes to LIVE which I don't use. I am developing a program and need MUST HAVE access to my desktop . At this point don't know just what to do. Think I will remove all of Ninjatrader from my computer with Revo. Then download and install the previous version. Fortunately I still have the key for for my lifetime subscription and old credentials. Another option is to contact an attorney. Stock trading companies can't just abandon their customers with open accounts.

Comment

All, the fix was simple ... on the first login window (square, vertical) you enter your ninjatrader.com username and password. This is different from your connection credentials.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you. But my situation was different. I finally did get the system running with the old 8.01 desktop application. The installer for 8.1 did/would not install the 8.1 desktop application and only installed the web Live trade window. My computer had crashed when it was trying to install the 8.1 version, something about Intel drivers it did not like. I removed the entire 8.1 version and then re-installed the earlier 8.01 version. Now I am up and running. I will leave moving up 8.1 for another day.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                      6 responses
                      1 like
                      Last Post jgualdronc  
                      Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Touch-Ups