Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting account commission when Multi-provider is disabled

Hello,

My strategies rely on a commission template to be set for the account being traded. However, with the introduction of Multi-provider mode, when Multi-provider is disabled I can no longer right-click on an account from the Accounts tab, click 'Edit Account...', and specify the commission template. There is no 'Edit Account...' option. How can I set account commission when Multi-provider is disabled?

Thanks for the help.

Hello deltaZ,

Thank you for your post.

In order to be able to set a commission template, Multi-provider mode must be enabled. The "Edit account" option is not available when Multi-provider is disabled because account changes are made server-side via the accounts portal at:

Commissions are tied to the account plan that you are enrolled in:

You should be able to run your strategies with multi-provider enabled so that you are able to set a commission template. I have also tested enabling Multi-provider, then adding a commission template to the Demo account, followed by disabling Multi-provider again. This resulted in the commission template name still displaying in the "Commission Name" column of the Accounts tab. This may also function for you as a workaround: temporarily enable multi-provider, set up commission templates, then disable Multi-provider.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply Emily.

How can I get these server-based account commission values from a NinjaScript? Currently Cbi.Account.Commission is null when Multi-provider support is disabled unless I first manually switched to Multi-provider enabled, set commission templates for my accounts, and then switched back to Multi-provider disabled.

Comment

Does this mean that if you have multi provider disabled that the commissions are automatically set based on what kind of account plan you have in the backtesting results? What if, for research purposes, you wanted to run a report that used different commissions?
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Originally posted by deltaZ View Post
          Thanks for your reply Emily.

How can I get these server-based account commission values from a NinjaScript? Currently Cbi.Account.Commission is null when Multi-provider support is disabled unless I first manually switched to Multi-provider enabled, set commission templates for my accounts, and then switched back to Multi-provider disabled.
          Hello deltaZ,

Thank you for your reply.

There is no documented method or property for NinjaScript access to the server-based commission values. I have submitted this as a feature request to the development team and will follow up once I have a tracking number. The workaround in the meantime would be to enable Multi-provider, manually set commission templates, then disable Multi-provider.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Thanks Emily. This feature is definitely going to be important to avoid confusion and a tedious UX.

Comment

Hello deltaZ,

Thank you for your patience.

Your vote has been added to an existing feature request. The internal tracking number for this feature request is SFT-1645. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:​Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post llanqui
              by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
              0 responses