Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 8.1.1.3 Add Simulation Acct

Good Morning,
    Lifetime license holder. Upgraded to 8.1.1.3. Goodness, having problems.

1. How do I add a simulation account? When I go to accounts tab and right click I do not have "add simulation account' in the box that appears.
    2. How do I change the background color on the control panel from white to black?

Thanks, Mark

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	545
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1244249

Is Multi Provider checked in Tools -> Options? If not, you will need to add a server-side simulation account from your control panel on account.ninjatrader.com.

The skin of the platform UI is also in Tools -> Options on the general category, about half-way down. Try changing the skin to Dark and restarting.
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Bruce,
      I checked multi Provider in options and that enabled me to add a simulation account but now I can't find my live brokerage account.

Comment

Did you add a connection for your live brokerage account? If it is a new-style NinjaTrader connection use "NinjaTrader" as the connection type and your same username and password.
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hi Mark, QuantKey_Bruce is correct here. The Sim101 account is enabled through Tools>Options>General>Multi Broker enabled, then you can set up a "NinjaTrader" connection to use your live account along with the local Sim accounts.

Kind regards,
          -ChrisL​
          Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did just that and then created multiple SimAccounts. After enabling several strategies on the newly created Sim accounts, the Desktop/Log Tab entry turned yellow (category: Default):

"There was a problem subscribing to Market Depth for MES JUN23: Symbol is inaccessible"

I have a 4$/month CME Real-Data subscription!?
            This error message appears with the Desktop/Connections/"Simulation" connection. But even if I create a new "Ninjatrader" connection with my credentials! ???

sincerely,

KI.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error Symbol inaccessible.png
Views:	517
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	1245511

Comment

Hi KI, You will need to go to your dashboard>Settings in the top right>Plans>Market Data Subscription>Enable "Trade Using Market Depth".

Please let me know if this does not resolve.

Comment

Thank you for your quick response! I only need level1 data:

+ you mean in the Desktop/Tools/Client Dashboard
                here a white "Loading" window opens and never stops!? what does this "Client Dashboard" option do in the desktop?

+ or in the account.ninjatrader.com/welcome (browser) dashboard (I can't see a "Trade Using Market Depth" option there?

sincerely,

KI.​

Comment

Hi, It will be through the web browser after you log into your account here:

Once you are logged in, click the profile icon at the top right>Settings>Plans>Click "Subscribe" and there you will see "Trade Using Market Depth".

The message you are getting means you have a chart that is using some Level 2 indicator, or there is some Window open in the workspace that is requesting Level 2 data.

Comment

I only use Volumetric Bars and VolumetricData Indicator, Bid/Ask imbalance code and nothing spectacular. All calculations by Level1, so I'm very surprised.

I assume as long as this error appears in the log, the strategies won't work either. no orders are currently being sent!​

regards,

KI.

Comment

Hi, please test in a new, blank workspace and make sure all other workspaces are closed to see if you still get this level 2 message. It should not affect the enabling of a strategy. If you have a strategy enabled and it is not making trades, first you will need to use the Print method to see if you get prints when the signal is reached in code (if you programmed this strategy). Any script is able to request level 2 data so this blank workspace test will be required to find out what is causing the message to show up.

Comment

Hello @ChrisL, thank you very much for your answer! I signed up for the level2 package (market depth) and the error message no longer comes up:

+ does the Level2 package also include the same Level1-Data, so I can delete the 1er subscription (I know, on a monthly basis)?

+ is there a notice period for the packages or can I cancel on the last day of the month?

My strategies are working properly again, so this error message locks all affected strategies.

THX &

regards,

Ki​

Comment

Hi Ki, Only the Level 2 package is needed now this includes Level 1 & 2 data. There is no notice period that I know of, the subscription will roll over on the day that you subscribed to it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by LiamTwine, Today, 08:10 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post LiamTwine  
                          Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes