Orange light on the bottom left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange light on the bottom left

When I lose connection to my data (Rithmic)

The circle in the bottom left goes orange. I typically have strategies running. Is there anyway to turn the circle from orange to green without disconnecting and throwing my strategies off sync?

Hello litamm89,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

When an orange light appears on the Control Center, it indicates you have lost connection to your broker's Price Server which supplies live data to your charts (Help Guide - Connection Status). Unfortunately, beyond luck, there are no specific steps that can be taken to have this connection loss repair itself automatically. The only steps we have to combat connection losses are listed below.
    • Restart NinjaTrader, your PC, and your modem/router
    • Ensure that all available updates for your PC are installed from the Windows Settings > Update and Security page. Be sure to close NinjaTrader and restart your computer after any updates are installed.
    • Disable your VPN service (if applicable)
    • Clear your DNS: Open the Command Prompt > type in 'ipconfig /flushdns' > press 'Enter' on your keyboard
    • Ensure that you have the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder on the list of exceptions for your firewall, antivirus, or backup programs and software
    • If possible, try running your computer directly to your router/modem using an ethernet cable, or vice versa, through a WiFi connection if already hard-wired in
    Please let us know if any of these steps resolve the error for you, and feel free to ask any additional questions you have as well.

Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post adeelshahzad  
    Started by merzo, 06-25-2023, 02:19 AM
    10 responses
    1 like