IB Batch Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB Batch Download

Hi there, just requesting quick confirmation that a support member can get IB historical data download to work when selecting a symbol list. For example the built in DOW 30 list. For months now mine gets stuck on the first one it tries to download. On rare occasions it will quickly process the first symbol in <1sec and then get stuck on the 2nd.

I've only ever gotten it to work smoothly when using my injected controls which auto downloads the symbols 1 after the other. My method requires I paste in a symbol list each time. I've saved my current one in a convenient spot but still would be smoother and more flexible if the official method worked.

Test procedure to identify discrepancy: Connect to IB live account & try official download method -> gets stuck -> disconnect to break stuck status -> reconnect and use my method which then processes the symbols as expected. This can be repeated and the result is the same every time.

Screenshot showing stuck status message with DOW 30 list selected. TWS 10.19.1k.

The first symbol chosen seems to be random, so ignore that it's INTC and doesn't start with A. It was indeed the 1st symbol attempted. No need to post a video I'll trust your word that it works.
    Attached Files

Hello anon84,

May I confirm this can be reproduced with 8.1.1.3?

Are there errors appearing on the Log tab of the Control Center when this occurs?

Are any of these instruments delayed data in TWS?

Can you download each instrument in the list individually?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea, I'd rather not upgrade past 27.1 at the moment.
      No delayed data and I can download individually, that's what my method does. Changes instrument selector text to the symbol, then simulates a click on the official download button. When button.IsEnabledChanged event fires then I know the download is complete, then I repeat for the next symbol. So it's simulating manual download 1 at a time. I wonder if NT is trying to multithread multiple requests and IB isn't liking it.

About 8.1.1.3 though, are you saying you confirmed it's working on that version?
      What I was trying to download was 2 days of 1 minute data for each.

Thanks

Comment

Hello anon84,

If there is an issue, we cannot report it unless it can be reproduced with the latest release version.

However, I am not sure you have confirmed. In the Tools -> Historical Data window you can download each instrument individually without using an instrument list?
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes I can download individually. That's what I was getting at when I said my method effectively simulates downloading manually 1 symbol at a time.
          Will let you know then if I upgrade to the latest version.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB says
            If there is an issue, we cannot report it unless it can be reproduced with the latest release version.
            which gets back to the very issue that is causing immense confusion/anger in the user community and amongst vendors who continue (and want to continue) to use the 8.0.x.x code stream, and which, as has been repeatedly pointed out, has been committed to be available "for years".

There is zero commitment to that version of the platform if it has no maintenance. It becomes just the "appendix" of a revamped gut. Again, loyal customers and vendors who make such decisions consciously and with a strong knowledge base on which to do that deserve much better.

Thanks.
            Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
            jeronymite
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
            10 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Leeroy_Jenkins