Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Pivots Indicator Daily HLC calc (Possible Bug)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pivots Indicator Daily HLC calc (Possible Bug)

Good afternoon.

I finally broke down and updated to v8.1.1.3 today. Post upgrade my Pivots Indicator is not displaying data when the HLC calculation is set to Daily Bars. I have confirmed that it still works in the default Intraday Data mode. Would it be possible to have a developer review this as a potential bug?

Attached you will find the errors message as it appears on my chart.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	100
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	1243500

Settings:

Views:	97
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	1243501

Thank you for your attention.​​

Hello Corvus,

The pivots indicator has not been changed in many versions so updating to the current release should not have changed anything code wise for this indicator. The warning is showing not enough daily data was loaded, are you certain you have daily data for the instrument being used?

I just tried this in the current release using 5 days to load with the ES and it was able to load the daily data and the indicator displayed.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your prompt reply Jesse! Please note that it was working prior to the upgrade and no setting changes were manually made on my end.

I believe this is what you are referring to, if not let me know. In this case I am using CLK23, but I am receiving the same error all other contracts I have tested (ES included). Hopefully it is a simple user setting error on my end!

Views:	93
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	1243507

Comment

Hello Corvus,

You would need to open a daily chart and make sure you have daily data for that period of time for that instrument. The pivots only makes that warning when it cant load enough daily data.

Comment

"You would need to open a daily chart and make sure you have daily data for that period of time for that instrument"

Apologies but I am not sure I completely follow. Please let me know if my response is not what you were looking for.

This has always worked with intraday charts prior to the update. Opening a daily chart produces the same error and shows 365 days of data. I also attempted to create a new chart, thinking something may have updated wrong with my existing chart, but it also displays the same behavior.

Comment

Hello Corvus,

We can ignore the fact that it used to work and today its not, that's not going to be relevant as its not working right now.

The error you see in the chart is part of the pivots normal data handling, that warning comes up if it didnt load enough daily data.

To find out if you have the required data you can open a daily chart and confirm the daily data is downloaded and available to use. If its not that explains the warning that the indicator made, you need daily data to use that setting.

Do you see the data being available when you open a daily chart for the period you selected?

Comment

"Opening a daily chart produces the same error and shows 365 days of data"

Yes. The daily chart is displaying 365 days and additionally shows 365 days in the Data Series.

I have also attempted restarting NT, and reloading all historical data.

Views:	95
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1243519

Comment

Hello Corvus,

Please try removing the data and cache then reload historical data. You can use the following steps to do that:
                1. Exit NinjaTrader
                2. Open the folder Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\Day and remove the folder for the instrument you use
                3. Open the folder Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\Minute and remove the folder for the instrument you use
                4. Open NinjaTrader
                5. Open a Daily chart and reload all historical data
                6. Open a minute chart and reload historical data
                7. Apply a new instance of the pivots indicator to the minute chart, if you have an existing instance on the chart remove it first.

Comment

Directions followed to the letter. The issue persists.

When deleting the data file, one thing did dawn on me. I did switch the display of my contracts from NT's CL 05-23 format to the exchange recognized CLK23 format when downloading the upgrade.

Because of this, I backed up both the 05-23 and K23 files (under day and minute) and deleted from their respective folders as instructed.

Views:	91
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1243548

Comment

Hello Corvus,

Does the problem persist if you change back to using the normal format for the future contracts? I tried changing the Symbology Display Style in the client portal and then restarting the platform but I see the indicator works as expected still.

Please try typing +1D and then Enter into the chart to append a 1 day bar series as another test. That will let you confirm you have at least 7 days of daily bars loaded with the minute series being used.

Comment

Well don't I feel silly for not thinking that a simple change to the contract display would create this issue! As directed, I switched back to the CL 05-23 format and the issue is resolved.

I appreciate your patience working through this issue with me. Excellent support. Jesse. It is much appreciated.

Views:	78
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	1243558

Comment

Hello Corvus,

The change in contract display in theory shouldn't change anything with how that indicator loads. If you are seeing a specific situation where that is causing a problem loading the stock pivots indicator please collect the steps you are using when you see that and report it here.

When changing the contract display type please make sure to delete the historical data that you have and then open a new chart and reload historical data to make sure everything is up to date.

The process I followed was:
                        1. Exit NinjaTrader
                        2. Visit account portal and change display setting to exchange format
                        3. Delete the folders from Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db
                        4. Open the platform
                        5. Open a minute and daily chart, reload historical data
                        6. Apply pivots to minute chart with the daily setting selected.

If you used a different process or can collect the specific steps where a problem happens let me know here so I can test it.

Comment

The process I followed was:
                          1. Exit NinjaTrader
                          2. Visit account portal and change display setting to exchange format
                          3. Delete the folders from Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db
                          4. Open the platform
                          5. Open a minute and daily chart, reload historical data
                          6. Apply pivots to minute chart with the daily setting selected.
                          ​These steps are exactly what I did prior to the issues being corrected.

Deleting the folders, reloading data (as described) alone did not fix the issue until I made the adjustment to the contract display type. It is definitely a head scratcher. I will play around with this some more tonight and see if I can recreate the issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post adeelshahzad  
                          Started by merzo, 06-25-2023, 02:19 AM
                          10 responses
                          1 like
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ