Data feed cuts using IB TWS 10.19.1k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data feed cuts using IB TWS 10.19.1k

I saw in your updated connection guide for Interactive Brokers that the advised TWS version is now 10.19.1k. The previous version I used was TWS 981.3i.

After updating to the new version I started experiencing frequent data feed cuts. I switched again to the previous version and now everything is working fine again.

Can you please check what could be the problem?

Hello guillembm,

To confirm you are stating that TradersWorkstation is losing connection to the Interactive Brokers servers?

Have you contacted Interactive Brokers to report the behavior with their software?

Below is a link to a forum post about addressing connection losses with NinjaTrader. These steps may also help address connectivity with a 3rd party platfrom as well.
    I think I'm having a problem with my data provider. I dont know if it's an NT8 problem or a TDA problem actually. Some days, the data stream just stops updating. NT8 still thinks it is connected, but no stock data, or any visible data is coming in. If I disconnect, and reconnect I again start getting data. If this is a NT8

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I can confirm latest NT8 version with latest IB one get reccurrent data loading issues on latest NT8 charts while connection is stable with latest IB version.
      Especially on plateform 1st start up (some days it works fine but others the charts don't load up), or workspaces 1st loading or when switching workspaces.

Comment

Hello,

I use a VPS so I should be protected from all these connection issues. I also tried the other points you mention in the forum before sending my first post.

I am sure the problem comes from the new version.

I will try to contact IB but I think they will throw the hot potato to you again as they use to do.

Comment

As I expected, this is the transcript of the chat with IB technical assistance:

ChatSys: This chat is associated with ticket #672841. Please record this number for use in future inquiries. You are currently in room 'Technical Assistance'.

MyUsername: data feed cuts

Naveen S: Hello, this is 'Naveen S'. Please allow me a moment to read the question you submitted to iBot and I'll respond to you shortly.

MyUsername: I saw in your updated connection guide for Ninjatrader for Interactive Brokers that the advised TWS version is now 10.19.1k. The previous version I used was TWS 981.3i. After updating to the new version I started experiencing frequent data feed cuts. I switched again to the previous version and now everything is working fine again. Can you please check what could be the problem?

Naveen S: What TWS build are you logged in with currently?

MyUsername: 981.3i

Naveen S: Are you facing any issue with this build?

MyUsername: no

Naveen S: Are you facing any issue with Latest build or Beta build?

MyUsername: I didn't try. I just tried the version advised by ninjatrader, this is 10.19.1k

Naveen S: And were you facing issue with NT8 software or with TWS?

MyUsername: Just when I connect TWS to NT8. They both work together. When NT8 is connected to 10.19.1k i face data feed cuts. When connected to 981.3i thing work without issues

Naveen S: If you only check TWS, do you face any data disconnections?

MyUsername: I don't know. I only use TWS connected to NT8

Naveen S: Please check if the issue is with TWS or not. We have not received any such reports on our end.​

Comment

Hello guillembm,

TraderWorkstation has to be running for NinjaTrader to connect to it, and TWS will be maintaining the connection to the servers.

Is TWS having the disconnection? Do you see in TWS the connection is being lost?

Comment

I always connect to TWS from NT8 when TWS is already running.

No, When I experience a data feed cut in NT8 I still receive data in TWS.

Comment

Hello guillembm,

Thank you for confirming this.

I will need to schedule a call to observe the behavior on your end.

Please send an email to support [at] ninjatrader.com.

Comment

Hello,

There is no problem in scheduling a call but I think we should find a different way to solve this issue. This is because the cuts happen once or twice a day, so it would be difficult to make it happen during the call. When I use TWS 981.3i I can connect on Monday and, if I do not add or modify many strategies, I can keep it running till friday without issues.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post elirion
                  by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes