Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

error: IB was unable to locate instrument (MES)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error: IB was unable to locate instrument (MES)

Hi support,

I'm trying to download historical data for MES futures contract from ib gateway before doing a backtest. 'till 2021 it seems to be able to download but prior to 2021 is comes with the errors attached as screenshot.

I saw another thread where is was recommended to add Clearport (CME) as exchange for the instrument and I did that. So what can be a solution? It has been a bit uphill lately with loading issues and I haven't been able to backtest for days.

gateway version: 10.19.1c
    NT version: 8.0.27.1 64-bit

Best,
    Cedalgo​
    Attached Files

Hello Cedalgo,

Thank you for your post.

Please confirm; are you saying that you were able to download historical data for MES successfully back to 2021? Was this before or after you modified the instrument settings?
    Do you see errors other than those in the screenshots on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do those errors report?
    Please provide a screenshot of your current instrument settings for MES at Control Center > Tools > Instruments > MES > Edit (you may need to scroll down and capture multiple screenshots to show all current settings)
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    Additionally, I see you are using IB gateway verison 10.19.1c. The current supported version is 10.19.1k and the download link for that version may be found in the connection guide here:

​I look forward to your reply.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jaybedreamin  
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    6 responses