account.ninjatrader.com with two NT Desktops open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

account.ninjatrader.com with two NT Desktops open

If I have NinjaTrader Desktop open on two computers, and then on either of them I try to log onto the account portal account.ninjatrader.com, two things happen: (1) I receive a connection lost followed by a reconnection on the NT Desktop platforms on the control center, and (2) the website immediately logs me back off.

It would seem that it isn't possible to go into the account control panel if two desktop platforms are open. Is that by design? Is it what you intended that we can't get to the account control panel at all if two desktops are running?
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

I think so, I recall earlier threads this month where NT support confirmed you can only be logged in with the new login system in two places at the same time. And it's any combination of two places, so two desktop, a desktop and web, two webs, etc. Although the UX for what happens when a 3rd connection is made could be improved. The 3rd login should probably just be blocked, or have an option for which of the 2 other logins to kick out (in case you forgot to log out somewhere and really need to get back on).

Would be nice if the web profile was separate from the trading, but it seems to all be behind the new unified login system. The whole thing def feels rushed, like they were under serious deadlines and needed to get an alpha out the door. They say there was no user testing due to the sensitive nature of the new ninjatrader logo and brighter orange color, and so all the users just have to deal with all the bugs this month...
    Last edited by backtester831; 03-28-2023, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I suppose I am wondering if the account control panel should take precedence. When the account control panel just immediately logged me off it took me a moment to figure out what was happening, and I wouldn't have probably figured it out without contacting NinjaTrader except that I noticed in the desktop control center that I was being disconnected and reconnected (all split second) every time I tried to log in on the website, which is what prompted me to realize that was what was happening.

Even better would be if we could ALWAYS log onto the account control panel even if two desktops or a desktop and a mobile are in use. It seems like not letting us into the control panel could lead to bad things happening.
      Bruce DeVault

Comment

Hello Bruce,

NinjaTrader accounts allows for two logins at the same time.

If you are only logged in to one computer with NinjaTrader 8 Desktop, are you able to login web trader at web.ninjatrader.com?

May I confirm you are using 8.1.1.3?

Do you have multi-provider mode enabled?

Are you connecting to a NinjaTrader connection type, or a NinjaTrader Continuum connection type, or a different connection type?

With only one computer logged in, I've tested signing in to the web trader which appears to have worked with out issue.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, this is not about the web trader - this is about the account control panel at account.ninjatrader.com. And, no, I'm not using 8.1.1.3 yet because it is not available for download yet. I am using 8.1.1.2. I just checked the download page and while Ryan posted elsewhere it was up for download, it is not yet on the download page so I am using the latest available desktop. This is with multi-provider enabled, and using the connection Simulation using my new-style account credentials.
          Bruce DeVault

Comment

Hello Bruce,

Apologies, 8.1.1.3 was scheduled for today, but you are correct this does not appear to be live yet.

I am finding I am able to login to the Client Portal Dashboard while NinjaTrader 8 Desktop is connected.

I look forward to receiving the other information requested in my previous post.

Comment

Yes, I can log into the account control panel if only one desktop is connected. If two are connected, I cannot.
              Bruce DeVault

Comment

Hello Bruce,

That would confirm the two login limit.

For any more, my understanding is a second login would need to be created.

Please email support [at] ninjatrader.com if you would like to find out if a second user is possible, to allow for a 3rd and 4th login.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB That may be the way it works, and indeed how it was designed to work, but it is a flawed approach. It conflates Account Management with trading activity.

The same portal may facilitate both Account Management and web-based Trading, but it should never (never) deny a user access to manage their Account because of the number of platforms active for trading.

By all means, track the active platforms used for trading, and by all means, if you have a limit and the limit is reached, do not allow further platform connections for trading, but do this independently of access to the Account Management capabilities, which should always be available!

Thanks.
                  Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                  jeronymite
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Originally posted by jeronymite View Post
                    NinjaTrader_ChelseaB That may be the way it works, and indeed how it was designed to work, but it is a flawed approach. It conflates Account Management with trading activity.

The same portal may facilitate both Account Management and web-based Trading, but it should never (never) deny a user access to manage their Account because of the number of platforms active for trading.

By all means, track the active platforms used for trading, and by all means, if you have a limit and the limit is reached, do not allow further platform connections for trading, but do this independently of access to the Account Management capabilities, which should always be available!

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jeronymite View Post

Totally agree.

The ability to login to perform account management functions should always be available.
                      Period. Full-stop. End-of-story.

Just because something else has hit its login limit, this should never affect someone's ability
                      to login and simply manage their account.

The current portal login, in this respect, strikes me as broken. At the very least, it makes
                      the product an aggravation. The simple act of logging in is causing a relatively major (and
                      undesired) side-effect, which is probably going to surprise and annoy most users.

The current design needs to be reconsidered.

Chelsea, could you please generate a feature request for this?

Comment

backtester831 ... and now for the "supported" version: https://boards.greenhouse.io/ninjatrader

Thanks.​​
                        Last edited by jeronymite; 03-29-2023, 12:08 AM.
                        Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                        jeronymite
                        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

please consider my vote for this request.

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post

Totally agree.

The ability to login to perform account management functions should always be available.
                            Period. Full-stop. End-of-story.

Just because something else has hit its login limit, this should never affect someone's ability
                            to login and simply manage their account.

The current portal login, in this respect, strikes me as broken. At the very least, it makes
                            the product an aggravation. The simple act of logging in is causing a relatively major (and
                            undesired) side-effect, which is probably going to surprise and annoy most users.

The current design needs to be reconsidered.

Chelsea, could you please generate a feature request for this?
                            This is what I was questioning myself. I completely agree that you should always be able to get to account management, and I posted my surprise at the start of this thread that somehow I could not, along with clarifying questions to find out if this was intentional or just a happenstance during the transition to the new system.
                            Bruce DeVault

Comment

Hello,

I have submitted a request to be able to login to the client portal infinite times, no matter how many desktop platforms are logged in.

Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will post in this thread for future reference.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post hazylizard  
                              Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes