• Show
Clear All

New Ninja Script Editor Error

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2023-03-27_110956966.png
Views:	170
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	1243007

When I open up a new Ninja Script Editor I get the attached error screen. I've not used the Ninja Script Editor before and am not sure how to go about finding where the error is.

Hi Sheri, thanks for writing in. This looks like it may be an issue with the file system. Please first download and run the latest installer of the platform to update. You can do this by logging into your account here and clicking the download link at the bottom left of the client dashboard:

Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Could I download and install the version I was using? I've heard of too many bugs in the newest version.

Comment

Hi, If you have any issues using the newest version please let me know about it. You can download the previous version by clicking Download at the bottom left of the dashboard, and then you can see the previous version on the right side of the next page.

Kind regards,
        -ChrisL​

Comment

I am now running 8.1.1.2 64 bit and get the same error message, and now get this Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	97
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	1243077

Comment

Hi Sheri, Can you please go to New>NinjaScript Editor>Right Click>Compile and post a screen shot of the expanded compile errors that show up?

Comment

The compiler runs without errors.

Comment

I have downloaded the newest version and the compiler runs without errors, but I still get the initial error message in my original post.

Comment

Hi Sheri, It looks like this is coming from one of your custom indicators or strategies. You will need to go through each one and right click the file>Exclude From compilation and re-test opening the NinjaScript editor to see if the error comes up. Unfortunately, there is something specific to your environment that is causing this error to show up.

Comment

I have removed every indicator and strategy that wasn't included with NT. The compiler runs without error. Is there no way to find where the problem is?

Comment

Hi Sheri, the final test will be for you to use a completely new environment:

Close all running applications.

Navigate to your Documents folder > Right-click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.

Go to the Windows Control Panel> Uninstall a program> and uninstall NinjaTrader.

After uninstalling, go log into your NinjaTrader account here and click Download at the bottom left and download the latest installer:

This process will generate a brand new "NinjaTrader 8" folder in the Documents. This is where all your user data is stored. To revert back to your old installation, rename "NinjaTrader 8" to "NinjaTrader 8PREV" and rename "NinjaTrader 8OLD" back to "NinjaTrader 8" NinjaTrader looks for a folder called "NinjaTrader 8" in the documents to operate.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by ursavent, Today, 12:54 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post ursavent  
                      Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes