Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What is the latest version of IB that can be used with NT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the latest version of IB that can be used with NT?

Interactive Brokers requires me to upgrade from my current build 981.3 of IB, otherwise I will lose a data feed soon. So what is the latest version of IB that can be used with NT 8.0.27.1 please?

Hello,

The current supported version of TWS is TWS 10.19.1k.

This version can be downloaded from the link within our IB connection guide which I have provided below:

Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Many thanks for your reply.
      With TWS 10.19.1k. I get the one second chart to update but the other charts such as 1 minute and 5 minute don't update. Do you have any suggestions please as to how to fix this?

Comment

Hello,

If you are able to load a superdom of the instrument this would confirm live data is working as expected, though historical data is unable to load to the charts. Usually this occurs when there is a pacing violation resulting from loading too much data from IB's API.

I would advise closing all charts in the workspace, waiting 10 minutes for the pacing violation to reset, then attempt to load a 1 minute chart with only 3 days to load. If data loads, this would confirm the workspace was requesting too much data (more than 50 days of minute data total) from IB.

Comment

Unfortunately I am still having problems with version TWS 10.19.1k. The superdom and a 1 second chart start fine but even just one 1 minute chart for just two days of data does not load. If I immediately revert back to version 981.3g then four charts load within a few seconds. Please could you test things out at your end? Could any other users shout out whether they can use this latest TWS version TWS 10.19.1k please?

Comment

At the beginning of my trading day today the charts did not load when trying to use TWS 10.19.1k. with the charts set to load two days worth of data, apart from the 1 second charts which doesn't backfill historical data. The superdom works. The problem that I am experiencing now, isn't this why we had to stick to using version 981.3 a while ago when the charts also wouldn't load?
            Last edited by kebabman; 04-11-2023, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Hi Kebabman

I seem to be having the exact same problem.
              I have just installed the latest NT8 and TWS (8.1.1.3 and 10.19.1k). However although NT8 connects to IB TWS, it won't backfill any data. The live data on on sub-minute charts is updating ok though. Any suggestions?

Comment

Hello,

If you are continuing to see this behavior please write into support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so we may investigate your log and trace files to check for any errors or further troubleshoot the issue on your machine.

Comment

Has this been solved already? I believe I have exactly the same issue.

Comment

Hello,

The cause for this seems to vary for each user, so if you are still seeing this behavior please write into our support team to look into further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post bltdavid  
                    Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes