Remote desktop sign in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote desktop sign in

I get this error when trying to sign in on remote desktop. Click image for larger version

Name:	Nt error remote.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	1242711

I'm getting the exact same error message on my VPS. It opens fine on my regular desktop, but will not open on my vps. I sent in an email to support, but have not heard back.

Comment

Did you check with task manager on the VPS to make sure NinjaTrader.exe is not running? Possibly a previous instance is stuck?
      Bruce DeVault
      QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

So I try to log in and nothing happens, shows that its loading, but does not show up on my desktop. So then I try to log in again and I get the error message listed above. Task manager shows that it is open in the background, but not as a main app.

Attached Files

Comment

Backup your NT's Workspace(option) and kill that Ninjatrader process.

Comment

You'll need to end process on that orphaned NinjaTrader.exe. The error message is telling the truth - if it ran (again) there would be two, and it's only allowed to run once at a time. If the old one is stuck and no longer running with an active window you can click on to exit it, you'll need to end the process with task manager. (Or reboot, I suppose, but ending the process is enough.)
            Bruce DeVault

Comment

I ended the process (end task) when it first happended and tried to restart, its the same cycle over and over again. First one doesn't load properly and then you get the error message with the second attempt.

Comment

Is it set to automatically connect the data feed? Is it possible that it is unable to do that? Have you tried starting in safe mode by holding down control as you double-click the platform shortcut (hold it down until the control center appears)?
                Bruce DeVault

Comment

Doing that opened my control panel, thats a plus, but wouldn't allow me to open up my saved charts. The only thing that will open up is the control panel. When I clicked on live data feed, it did connect to that, but still won't open my saved charts.

Comment

So I ended the safe mode and attempted to reopen the regular platform and it opened up with all my charts and live data feed running. I am new to ninjatrader, will it not open if the markets are not open? I don't even know what to think of this, have been trying all day with no luck and now that the markets are open it opened with no issues.

Comment

What feed is it? Maybe your data feed provider was down until the Sunday open. Ideally, this sort of thing should not happen, but for some years I have heard from some users that they still don't set their data feed to auto-connect at startup for this very reason - when it can't connect, their platform hangs and they can't get control back without heroics. That does not happen to me, but it does happen to some from what I am told.
                      Bruce DeVault

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post inanazsocial